Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
A bit more sewing, a bit less tinkering >

A bit more sewing, a bit less tinkering

A bit more sewing, a bit less tinkering

Old 08-23-2015, 07:09 AM

Christy, maybe this link will help. I have the service manual but the pics are dark and not real helpful and it does have an exploded view of the bight assembly, also tells exactly how to retime the machine and a lot more great info.

I didn't know these were rare because I see them everywhere up here. I bought them hoping to make one really nice collection model because I liked seeing the design cam on the outside..LOL The original electrical is always a disaster on the ones I see.

I will still get some more more pics for you after church today....

http://www.manualguru.com/singer/306w/users-manual
Old 08-23-2015, 11:53 AM

Here are the pics but no screws either....sorry

Sorry the machines are so grungy, I've not cleaned them yet.
Attached Thumbnails 306w-001.jpg   306w-002.jpg   306w-003.jpg   306w-006.jpg  
Old 08-23-2015, 01:59 PM

I have the manual but they never do show a pic from that angle. Thank you for the pictures! Thats what I needed to see. Mine looks like I have a broken off knob in the slotted screw hole and although I had one person confirming that for me, I'd rather have a second on it before I go drilling into the machine. Better to be safe than sorry!
Old 08-23-2015, 02:57 PM

You are very welcome.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:53 PM

I had a 306w. I worked on it for hours and decided I wasn't going to love it and it still needed work (the first of my machines I sold). I put everything back together and sold it for the same price I bought it for. The lady that bought it spent maybe an hour rewiring the motor and it works perfectly.
Figures.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:30 PM

Here are some better pics of my 319W. It is in perfect running condition and has all of its parts. The bight screw hole looks like it has a smaller lip?( second pic) inside to fit the smaller portion of the screw shaft, I do not know what would happen if you drilled it out all the same size?
Attached Thumbnails 306w-bight-screw-001.jpg   306w-bight-screw-006.jpg   306w-bight-screw-005.jpg   306w-bight-screw-003.jpg   306w-bight-screw-002.jpg  

Old 08-23-2015, 10:13 PM

I have been remodeling our house for years, and have a bit more to do on the bathroom. I find if I'm doing "house" stuff, I can't even open the door to the shop, or I completely forget the house stuff. When I'm working on cleaning and oiling a machine, I find myself wanting to be sewing instead; then when I'm sewing, I'm thinking of the machines I have yet to clean up and sew with for the first time... I have more interests than I have time, with working 6 or 7 days a week. When I get busy sewing, I forget to eat or go to bed... it makes life interesting! One day I couldn't figure out which day of the week it was, but I knew I would find out when I went to work - and I knew I had to go to work, because it was a weekday! So I sew or remodel frantically, until time to go to work - then I get there and my "real" day starts! Have fun sewing and tinkering, everyone!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by treadlerescue View Post
I have been remodeling our house for years, and have a bit more to do on the bathroom. I find if I'm doing "house" stuff, I can't even open the door to the shop, or I completely forget the house stuff. When I'm working on cleaning and oiling a machine, I find myself wanting to be sewing instead; then when I'm sewing, I'm thinking of the machines I have yet to clean up and sew with for the first time... I have more interests than I have time, with working 6 or 7 days a week. When I get busy sewing, I forget to eat or go to bed... it makes life interesting! One day I couldn't figure out which day of the week it was, but I knew I would find out when I went to work - and I knew I had to go to work, because it was a weekday! So I sew or remodel frantically, until time to go to work - then I get there and my "real" day starts! Have fun sewing and tinkering, everyone!
That sounds familiar...Welcome to the board