Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Bobbin case and bobbin for Sewmor 900 >

Bobbin case and bobbin for Sewmor 900

Bobbin case and bobbin for Sewmor 900

Old 06-03-2016, 12:34 AM

Default Bobbin case and bobbin for Sewmor 900

Just got this vintage machine. It's missing the bobbin case and bobbin. Any suggestions where I can find one
Old 06-03-2016, 02:01 AM

I looked it up, and it looks like it takes class 15 bobbins. I don't know this model at all but the bobbin cases are usually a general standard on these machines, It needs a more accurate identification to be absolutely sure. If you have another bobbin case from a class 15 machine, you can try and insert it, then carefully turn the hand wheel by hand and see what happens. As you know, the bobbin case has a finger, it's usually either pointing lef or right (eleven o'clock or one o'clock), if you look at the part where you insert the bobbin case you should be able to identify which it is.

It's a very cool looking machine, it looks very solid and sturdy too. With a bit of luck someone who uses this model will post first hand information :- )
Old 06-03-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by FabQuilter View Post
Just got this vintage machine. It's missing the bobbin case and bobbin. Any suggestions where I can find one
If it looks like the last machine on this page http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...207877-22.html then it should take the "1 O'Clock finger bobbin case at sew-classic.com She would also have the class 15 bobbins. Did you get a manual with it?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
If it looks like the last machine on this page http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...207877-22.html then it should take the "1 O'Clock finger bobbin case at sew-classic.com She would also have the class 15 bobbins. Did you get a manual with it?
Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Bingo!! problem solved - it is in fact working with the bobbin case Class 15, side loading "1 O'clock finger.
Sending you a big Thank you

Also replaced the bobbin winder tire ring. I'm so glad I did not end up with a heavy paper weight, now I have an awesome vintage sewing machine in working order. After changing the needle and fiddling with the tension, it sews beautiful stitches and it is so quiet too.

No manual was included. I share pics of this beautiful vintage machine
.[ATTACH=CONFIG]566947[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566948[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566949[/ATTACH]

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails sewmor-zz-front-view.jpg   sewmore-zz.jpg   sewmore-900.jpg