bobin threaten

Old 02-14-2014, 10:24 AM

Default bobin threaten

I hope someone can help me with my recently acquired featherweight. I have been researching this and can't find an answer. The bobbin thread won't come up with the top thread. I do have the machine correctly threaded. The thread on the bobbin is in the case correctly, going counter clockwise. The top thread won't pick up the bobbin thread. I'm not sure why or what else to try. Suggestions please. Thank you ,Gina..
Old 02-14-2014, 11:28 AM

Do you possibly have the needle in backwards? I think the needle threads from left to right (someone else more knowledgeable can confirm/deny this for you). Either of those might be the issue?
Old 02-14-2014, 02:15 PM

Actually on a FW the needle goes in the RIGHT side of the needle bar, FLAT to the LEFT.
It threads RIGHT to LEFT.

Also when you have the threaded bobbin in the bobbin case and threaded through the tension spring, and you pull on the thread, the bobbin should rotate clockwise.

Joe
Old 02-16-2014, 05:05 AM

I don't know if this applies, but when looking at the bobbin case you have to make sure that little finger looking thing is in the little slot straight up. If not the machine will not work correctly. Also like the other posts the needle has to be in correctly, flat side to the left and thread from right to left... Hope you get it going, if you can get a book on your featherweight it is very helpful, it shows where to oil also
Old 02-16-2014, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by duckydo View Post
I don't know if this applies, but when looking at the bobbin case you have to make sure that little finger looking thing is in the little slot straight up. If not the machine will not work correctly. Also like the other posts the needle has to be in correctly, flat side to the left and thread from right to left... Hope you get it going, if you can get a book on your featherweight it is very helpful, it shows where to oil also
ask me how I know this...has to line/up exactly...
Old 02-17-2014, 07:34 AM

Well I was reading on Nova's website and what she said about bobbin cases made sense to me. She said that if the top thread is going around the case,instead of across, it might be the wrong bobbin case for that machine. I did some research and found that there are two different models of bobbin case. I had just bought a new one from eBay and the seller is going to send me a new one to try. If the new one doesn't work I will buy the other model number and hopefully it will work. I bought this machine at a very good price so it's worth the extra trouble.
Thanks to all who took the time to.reply.