Bought a Singer 99

Old 09-10-2012, 04:02 AM

Last time I checked,Joann's carries the singer lube on their website. My local Joann's stopped carrying it about two months ago - they put it on discount and I bought their last 3 tubes. Check their website if you can't find it anywhere else.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:07 AM

It looks like Sew Classic has it as well:
http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/Sing...ease-S2129.htm
Old 09-10-2012, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Joe, just how many tubes should I buy? I have 2 and now have 5 vintage Singers that use the lube. Who knows how many more just might tell me 'take me home with you.' Maybe I'll get one for each machine and put them with the machines. That way, I might not run out of it. I think I even used a 40% off coupon on them!!! I love the coupons from Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Hancocks that I can use at Joann's. My hubby calls me the 'Joann coupon queen'. I buy very little there that either isn't on sale or with a coupon.
You and my wife both work the coupons and sales at JoAnns. Their prices are too high to start with and the coupons just make them a bit more affordable.
I have a bunch of Singer machines that need the lube, and more tubes than I know. If used sparingly as it should be the tube of lube will last a very long time. I've got a couple of the old metal tube of the lube and it's better than the current stuff.

When I find it, I buy it. If need be you can always use it for barter material. But each machine should have it's own tube as far as I'm concerned.

Joe
Old 09-11-2012, 06:32 AM

Joe, I'm glad that you said that the old metal tubes of lube are still good. I got one a while ago just to have with my machines, but didn't think it was good any more. I've heard that the oil gets bad and thought that the lube did too. Now to find where I put it....
I've also got a good bunch of attachments,mostly short shank, but unfortunately some of the Singer button holers didn't come with the cover plate. I'd forgotten that they needed them, and hadn't looked for them when I got the button holers. Anyone have extra plates that they would like to part with?