Bradford from aprox.1968

Old 07-09-2020, 02:07 PM

Default Picture

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

Since Bradford is the 'brand' sold by Grants, it is a "badged" machine so many other names could be on the basic same machine. Also there are probably many different machines with the same name that are not anything like your machine. One place I have looked for Japanese badged machines are
http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...g_Machines.htm
Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches
Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
here is the pictures I hope it worked
Attached Thumbnails ed190e46-ae4b-4494-8d1d-259e5fe22dc2.jpeg   05f6d85c-0b6a-4e69-ac6c-c5b930d31011.jpeg  
Old 07-09-2020, 03:22 PM

for what it is worth many Brothers used that motor mount.. but so did many others.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:10 AM

A photo of the whole machine from the front is what is needed. That way you might be able identify a twin machine with a different "badge" on it. I haven't read this whole conversation in detail, but often a sewing machine would be sold at Western Auto (as an example) as a "xyz" and the same machine might have been sold at Woolworths as a "def" machine and yet sold again as a "jkl" at Macy's. I had a machine that I was able to determine at was sold under 5 different names.
bkay