Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Can I share a vintage industrial? >

Can I share a vintage industrial?

Can I share a vintage industrial?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:42 AM

Oops, I looked again and see the dial for the zig zag. This machine is zig zag /S.S.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:04 AM

I have several Pfaffs not industrial though and I love the look of them and how they sew. Zick Zack is impressive and I enjoyed your story very much.
If I see one for sale here I might have to go get it...
Old 10-31-2013, 08:13 AM

Wow - what a bargain/story. Question - when you say "Ebay" - do you have your own Ebay in Australia? Or is that the US Ebay and you had to have the machine shipped from the states?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful machine....
Old 11-02-2013, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Oops, I looked again and see the dial for the zig zag. This machine is zig zag /S.S.
Yes I had to stare at it for a very long time when it was advertised to be sure!

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
Wow - what a bargain/story. Question - when you say "Ebay" - do you have your own Ebay in Australia? Or is that the US Ebay and you had to have the machine shipped from the states?
Not sure how many eBays there really are, but yes there is one in Australia. I presume there was one in most countries/regions: ebay.com; ebay.com.au; ebay.co.uk; ebay.de; ebay.co.jp ... etc etc. It's quite useful to check ebay in other countries for parts and manuals etc, especially n the country where the machine was made or was most common.

Originally Posted by mjhaess View Post
Beautiful machine....
Thank you! I think so too
Old 11-02-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
Originally Posted by mjhaess View Post
Beautiful machine....
Originally Posted by Lew Schiller View Post
Which begs the question...is there a good medium industrial that does both straight and ZZ?
When I was working for my old employer, we used one of the Bernina 'Record'-style models in an industrial table - she referred to it as semi-industrial and it only did straight and ZZ, it was a much more elegant machine than this Pfaff, which definitely gives you the impression you could make a tent on it. Also, I've noticed that the industrials are full of grease and oil wicks, as well as using oil reservoirs to continually lubricate the parts for working at high speeds. I'm pretty sure that the Bernina at work had neither grease or an oil reservoir and needed to be oiled regularly.

That Bernina at work was certainly better suited to bridal work with the finer stitch quality, although I did test the Pfaff with a piece of georgette and it sewed it fairly nicely. In combination with my Bernina 640-2 I'll be able to handle anything.

It will be fun to compare it to the Necchi BU ZZ machine I have once I've got that working too - I still really want to be able to treadle too