Capitol 600 from 1968

Old 04-07-2015, 05:07 PM

Default Capitol 600 from 1968

I thought I had already posted this but it never showed up on the site. I have a Japanese made Capitol 600 from around 1968 It's a beauty, but has only one cam. I have checked the cams on E-bay and the wonderful pages on this site that deal with vintage machines and there is no mention of Capital. Are there other sites that deal with selling vintage attachments that I might try?
Old 04-07-2015, 07:19 PM

So many Japanese manufacturers made machines for so many companies is nearly impossible to tell by the badge name who made it.

If you can post some pics of the machine and the one cam you do have we may be able to help more.

Joe
Old 04-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Banned

When you searched Ebay did you use different search terms? Manufacturers called them different things. Stitch cams, pattern cams, pattern keys, etc. Capital is a Brother badge and all Brother cams I've seen say Pattern Keys on the case. I don' now I they put the same words on badged machine accessories.

Cari
Old 04-08-2015, 05:01 AM

After many hours of comparison only the Singer 600 is close. Is there a possibility that even Singer had a Japanese counterpart?
Old 04-08-2015, 07:06 AM

It could well be that another company copied Singer's design; I don't know of Singer making machines under other names but there is a LOT I don't know! The cams for Singer 600's are the same as for the 400's & 500's too, so there are TONS of those cams available; you can probably find some pretty cheap and try them out.

But if you post pictures of the machine and/or the cams you might get better info. The people on this forum know a LOT and someone might even have the same machine with a different name and be able to tell you all sorts of good stuff about it.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
It could well be that another company copied Singer's design; I don't know of Singer making machines under other names but there is a LOT I don't know! The cams for Singer 600's are the same as for the 400's & 500's too, so there are TONS of those cams available; you can probably find some pretty cheap and try them out.

But if you post pictures of the machine and/or the cams you might get better info. The people on this forum know a LOT and someone might even have the same machine with a different name and be able to tell you all sorts of good stuff about it.
I have never been able to post pictures on this site. Have tried today with no success
Old 04-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by topstitch View Post
After many hours of comparison only the Singer 600 is close. Is there a possibility that even Singer had a Japanese counterpart?
The Singer tophat cams are bigger than any cams I've ever seen for Japanese machines. Similar in style sometimes but not size. Your best bet since you have one cam is to watch Ebay for a set.

Cari
Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by topstitch View Post
I have never been able to post pictures on this site. Have tried today with no success
Topstitch I'm going to PM you my email address. If you want to send me the pic(s) I'll post it(them) for you.

Joe
Old 04-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

I would love some for a White - I've tried various cams and so far no luck. I wish you the best coming up with a match.