Colorado get-together?

Old 04-10-2024, 09:07 AM

Default April 2024 Colorado Sewing Machine Get-Together - Part 3

Leon

Leon has some good news to share and was able to get a few free machines.

I have retired. April 1 was my first day of freedom. I tried last years and didn't get away.

I had a bicycle friend offer me 3 machines for free. Well, maybe ( see I am slowing down) I asked for pictures. The one he had access to was a nice looking black 301 ( somehow I lost pic). I said, sure, I will take them. The others 2 were in cabinets and I didn't see them before they were mine. OK scored a nice Minnesota A in a parlor cabinet. Cabinet chain lift is not working and no innards for a treadle. Also got a Singer 66 in a rough cabinet. I am a happy guy. I have others in line so these guys will have to wait.

Two gigs coming up this month for my hand cranks.

leon-minnesota-d-parlor-front.jpg

leon-minnesota-d-parlor-out..jpg

leon-singer-66-cabinet.jpg

Thanh

Thanh was able to get a machine after a few days after passing it over at first glance.

Just a short note from me this month regarding a purchase of a Singer 99K10:
I saw the ad for Singer 99 on FB Marketplace and didn't really think anything of it at first. The display photo was of the bentwood box which was painted red. Out of curiosity, I clicked on the ad a couple of days later to see the rest of the photos and was surprised to see a photo with the shiny white serial plate! I actually took a day to think about it before reaching out to the seller. I usually don't buy machines just because they're uncommon. Lucky for me, he didn't have a solid offer and I was able to pick it up the same day. This 99k was part of the first batch in August 1922; the serial number is Y722243. For comparison, the 99k weighs in at 18lbs with the base (no cover) while my Kenmore 1040 weighs 16 lbs.

thanh-aluminum-99.jpg

In Closing

We enjoy posting the notes from our varied members each month. We want to thank them for their contributions and you for reading. See you next month.