Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Combination Table (treadle electric) picture >

Combination Table (treadle electric) picture

Combination Table (treadle electric) picture

Old 05-02-2012, 06:04 AM

Default Combination Table (treadle electric) picture

here is a picture of the underside of the table that my 103 industrial machine is on. It looks to be a friction drive of the treadle wheel. Seems odd and I do not know if it is factory or add on. Friday should have more and better pictures. This was a cell phone snap in the sellers garage.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:37 AM

Just from the look of it, my SWAG is it's factory. It just doesn't look like an after the fact retro fit.

Joe
Old 05-02-2012, 07:40 AM

the whole package does not "feel" right to me. machine is in pretty tough shape... but look at the upper pitman link, paint is not even worn off. I am not unhappy, just not convinced I have what I was sold ;-)
Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 PM

what did you pay for it?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:06 PM

I looked at it, decided I wanted it, then had to arrange to pay for and pick it up on the weekend, so I did not even try to deal since the seller said he would hold it. I paid the asking price of 150. Not that bad when you consider if I don't buy local it costs me a minimum of 50 bucks shipping.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:08 AM

Look for "simanco" or another manufacturer stamp, then look up the stamp name and it should give you a feel for the situation. Singer subcontracted some things. Industrial gives a whole different area to research. Most information is available on home machines. Alex from Great Britan would be a good research. Sorry I can't remember his last name, Russian. Someone please help! He has a great resource for all Singer machines. You may be able to email him the picture and get the instant answer.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:14 PM

I intend to look it over very closely when I bring it home, I do not feel it was intentionally misrepresented, or anything like that. it Does have a "c" series serial and if it is indeed a prussian machine records may well be spotty. MOST sources just say that a "C" means Wertenberg and that the factory opened in 1908. I do not feel this machine is that old, but it is significantly worse for the wear than the table. the table and machine are identical to other examples of factory singer 103's that I have found on the net. I have however found a german Singer site that breaks "C" serial numbers down by year. As soon as I get it in my possesion i will look it up. I am REALLY bummed that the Wirt singer badge is missing... it would be kewl to have, but I dont realy want this machine for "collectors value or anything, I want it becauseit is Bigger than my other machines and I like the treadle. This machine should allow me to treadle some nice outdoor gear ....and at a price that is cheaper than fixing my Electric Consew Industrial machine.

Tomarrow i bring it home, we should all know more then.