Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Coolest MN A treadle table I've ever seen! >

Coolest MN A treadle table I've ever seen!

Coolest MN A treadle table I've ever seen!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:57 PM

no need to apologize - I posted in the middle of a different thread so many may not have seen it - and this one is worth seeing. I am sorely tempted - I just sold one cabinet for $100 so I could talk myself into saying this one would only be $200 and that is a price I can live with . . . I've still got some time to decide. I had seen the advertizement before, but this is the first time I've seen an actual cabinet. Kind of wondering how hard it would be to make a top for it. Though if I put in with the collection, the machine could just stay up.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:07 PM

Different photo of table with top:

http://needlebar.org/cm/displayimage..._display_media
Old 12-16-2014, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
no need to apologize - I posted in the middle of a different thread so many may not have seen it - and this one is worth seeing. I am sorely tempted - I just sold one cabinet for $100 so I could talk myself into saying this one would only be $200 and that is a price I can live with . . . I've still got some time to decide. I had seen the advertizement before, but this is the first time I've seen an actual cabinet. Kind of wondering how hard it would be to make a top for it. Though if I put in with the collection, the machine could just stay up.
i think the top would be the easiest part! It's just a flat slab. May put some beveled edges or whatever. I don't know if still available but years ago you could buy old oak pallets. They were great for crafting oak furniture and giving them a vintage look.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Well there you go! You Don't even need any fancy edges!

my CL just offered a huge stack....10+ ft high of free old pallets. I have no idea what they are made of now. Probably cheap pine.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:06 AM

I was thinking - I pulled quite a bit of oak out of the farmhouse, some 8x1 baseboard that is really nice, tight oak. Not quartersawn, but the house was built in the early 20's so it's closer to being contemporary. And at least I know it's well dried and not going to warp up on me.

I suppose about the time I talk myself into buying it, it will be gone. But that is OK too. Besides, something else I was very interested in at $225 is gone, so now I don't feel I need to save my money for that. It was a large lot of embroidery thread.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:11 AM

That needlebar picture looks like that is the base top, and someone removed it and filled in the middle to make it solid and put it back on. It does not look like there is a removable cover over the top. I've seen that done several times to other cabinets when someone liked the "table" and wanted to use it as such.

Maybe I should get this one just to make sure something like that does not happen to it.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:31 AM

Ooooh! I want to get ahold of it and take some old English oil to it! It would be spectacular!
Old 12-17-2014, 11:24 AM

Well, I broke down and sent a text message, so we'll see were it goes from there.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:03 PM

If it's still there Saturday -looks like it will be coming home with me. It's going to be a very nice addition to the "Machine Shed".
Old 12-17-2014, 01:54 PM

I hope you buy it !!!!!!!!!

That needle bar picture, blow it up and look at the left front corner of the top.. note the thickness, along with The top piece has the opposite routing of the bottom piece

Then on the soon to be yours , note the holes in all 4 corners to locate the top ( hold it in place) needle bar pic, shows the same 4 spots yet they look like nubs , top of the dowels, and the routing on the edge is
facing up. so when the top is on, the lips of the edges are laying against each other