Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Does anyone now what singer this is? >

Does anyone now what singer this is?

Does anyone now what singer this is?

Old 07-31-2013, 12:59 AM

It's a conundrum, but a common one. If you like the machine, get it and eventually you'll find the table you want. I have never seen a machine that was part crinkle and part enamel. Maybe in a picture, but never in real life. It probably works. Looks like someone has been stitching on it? Since it's a 15 the parts shouldn't be rare. If it were all rusted out I might not buy it, but it looks clean from here. Most likely it just needs a cleaning and oiling. Is the shop far from you?
Old 07-31-2013, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tisch View Post
I called them this morning they have no idea if it works. They will look at it this afternoon and call me. They were selling it as an display piece. The top af the cabinet has a lot of staines and i'm not sure if i want the cabinet because i already have one cabinet and i realy want a threadle table. Hmmm what to do?
Tisch that sewing machine is in a treadle cabinet. Of course you have room for it. I am sure that with some oiling she would work fine. I agree with Joe, go her. Take a good look at all the goodies that comes with her, even a roll of treadle belting if I am seeing correctly.

Last edited by Caroline S; 07-31-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 AM

I got her! The tag says 15 M. I got 10 euro off the price and they kept the cabinet. It really wasn't looking good so i did not want it. The only thing is that she doesnot have a motor so i will have to find a nice treadle table and 2 new belts so i can use her. It looks in good shape there in one plate in the back that is chipping but the rest looks verry nice will try to get some pictures on here tonight.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]427441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]427442[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]427443[/ATTACH]

Here she is. Have not cleaned her yet will try to do that tomorrow. But how do i clean the ruff matt serves?
Attached Thumbnails img_2957-400x600-.jpg   img_2959-600x400-.jpg   img_2960-600x400-.jpg  
Old 07-31-2013, 01:25 PM

Interesting face plate and rear inspection cover. Now go back and get that cabinet for 10 euros! Replace it when you find one you like better. what do you mean by ruff matt? Do you mean the crinkle finish? If so, you might want to start a new thread about that.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:21 AM

That is a tredle cabinet, it just closes up smaller. I have a 1911 Singer 66 in a cabinet much like that. A light sanding and coat of colored varnish/wood stain would bring it back to life.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:17 AM

Yes i know, i got one for my Kohler. But i want a table that closes up so i can put one of my other sewing machines on top of it.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tisch View Post
Yes i know, i got one for my Kohler. But i want a table that closes up so i can put one of my other sewing machines on top of it.
Tisch,
They both close up -- this one and your Kohler. Lift the machine a couple of inches, then with your other hand lift up the narrow piece of wood in front of the machine (the front of the machine rests on this piece when it's in use). Then lower the machine down into the cabinet.

I thought you meant that you wanted a wide cabinet with drawers. I went to the 411/431 thread, where I thought I saw the Kohler closed up, but it looks like you have the machine tilted all the way back in the picture. Is that right? I've never tried to do that but it looks like it might be bad for the cabinet.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:59 AM

What I wrote can't be right. You wouldn't have been able to close the top of the Kohler unless you had lowered the machine into the cabinet or taken it out. confused....
Old 08-05-2013, 09:13 AM

Sorry i just saw you message. I will try t explain what i mean hihi. I found a table that i like. You can put the machine down( just like the cabinet) and put a plank on the hole/ top of the table so that i just looks like a normal table, that way can use my other sewingmachines, that are not build in, on te same table. I can't do that with my cabinet or with the cabinet that i didn't buy.

Yes i mean the crinkle finish, i had no idea what to call it or how else to explain hihi.