Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
From Don-isewman-- vintage part ?? >

From Don-isewman-- vintage part ??

From Don-isewman-- vintage part ??

Old 12-26-2013, 02:30 PM

Default From Don-isewman-- vintage part ??

I have a vintage sewing machine--AA009802. If I check'd out the web sight right, its a 1924 singer. If anyone check's out my #, and its different let me know. So I will know the correct year of my machine. What I would like to is order another feed dog for this machine. The feed dog is still ok. But I would like to have 1 on hand extra. Where do some of your vintage machine owners order your part. Thanks for any help any of yous send me. Don-isewman
Old 12-26-2013, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by isewman View Post
... vintage sewing machine--AA009802....order another feed dog.....is still ok. But I would like to have 1 on hand extra. Where do some of your vintage machine owners order your part.....Don-isewman
It looks to me like you have a 1924 Singer 99. New replacements are available, but I’ve never ordered one to see what kind of quality they are. A spare feed dog is not what I keep on hand, at least not for that model of Singer. I don’t recall ever having to harvest one from a parts machine either.

Just curious as to why you want to have spare feed dog on-hand?

CD in Oklahoma
Old 12-26-2013, 02:58 PM

The part number is 32600. There are several listed on eBay, or you could do a search for "Singer 32600" at Google or Bing and you will get a number of places that sell them new.

The one you have now has lasted for 90 years, so you are probably good for the foreseeable future with that one.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:42 AM

Are you trying to build a machine, or re-build another one in your "way in the back of your workshop" with that needs feed dogs. I am like the other two above; when did a feed dog ever wear out? Happy New Year to all of you.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:10 PM

My brother gave me a 1922 Singer 99k for Christmas but it needs work --today I looked and found a piece broken so
when I can find the way to describe it I will be asking you all questions too.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:43 PM

If you're taking the feed dog out for free motion quilting or darning and are afraid of losing it you would be better off leaving it in and either finding the darning needle plate cover or use the feed dog cover plate that comes with the buttonholers.
You'll probably wear out long before the feed dogs do.
Rodney
Old 12-27-2013, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
If you're taking the feed dog out for free motion quilting or darning and are afraid of losing it you would be better off leaving it in and either finding the darning needle plate cover or use the feed dog cover plate that comes with the buttonholers.
You'll probably wear out long before the feed dogs do.
Rodney
OR just put the stitch length at 0. Some people think that they get better results that way, including Leah Day.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar View Post
My brother gave me a 1922 Singer 99k for Christmas but it needs work --today I looked and found a piece broken so
when I can find the way to describe it I will be asking you all questions too.
Morningstar - if you can take a picture of the broken part, people can probably help you out from that.