Dressmaker Help

Old 03-27-2020, 05:50 AM

Default Dressmaker Help

Good morning,
I recently purchased a Dressmaker W-60 Blind Stitch Machine from my local thrift store. It works and sews pretty well. I cannot find any info on it so I am using things I learned from other machines to use this one. The one thing I can't find is how to adjust my needle position. Is there a way to do that on this machine? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
KJ
Attached Thumbnails img_4750.jpg   img_4751.jpg   img_4752.jpg   img_4753.jpg  
Old 03-27-2020, 05:37 PM

I hope I can help, by looking at your picture and googling the machine, which I am sure you have done, your machine only performs one type of blind hem stitch, by looking at pictures on the internet, some blind hem stitch machine will do a variety of blind hem stitches. It would appear to me that because your machine only performs one kind of stitch,you cannot adjust the needle position, it is fixed to perform the one kind of stitch. That is only a guess from my Googling and looking at your pictures, I hope someone here can give you a more defined answer from their experience with a machine similar to yours.

Old 03-28-2020, 01:34 AM

Welcome, KJ. I'm guessing that your machine might be what is considered a "left homing" machine. Most of the machines that I've seen that the needle position can be changed have a lever on the front of the machine that has three positions. Do you have a straight stitch foot? You may be interested in this thread Dressmaker W-60.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:04 AM

I was going to ask if any cams came with it? Looks like a lovely little machine!
Old 04-01-2020, 11:22 AM

I have the same machine. Here is some good info.
Dressmaker W-60