Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Eldredge - Did I make a mistake? >

Eldredge - Did I make a mistake?

Eldredge - Did I make a mistake?

Old 10-08-2014, 12:21 PM

Default Eldredge - Did I make a mistake?

I was in the Hangar Mall in Clarkston, WA last week and saw an Eldredge sewing machine. It looked old and now I am wondering if I should have snatched it up at $250.00. Of course I did not think of taking a picture. I did not know anything about that type of machine and did not know what to look for. Please educate me.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:01 PM

Some of them are two spool machines and are pretty neat. If it's a two spool make sure it has the spool can in it. It's like a big bobbin case where you can load a small spool of thread in it instead of a bobbin. The can alone can cost as much as the machine.
As a side note: I'm sewing a quilt right now on Ella. If you want to see the story check out "9 Patch on it's Way" here in the vintage section.
Rodney
Old 10-08-2014, 01:15 PM

If its NOT A 2 Spool, but is in excellent condition with attachments, manual, etc, it is worth it only if its worth it to YOU. Fair pricing is a subjective matter. We as a rule don't give cappraisals here for that and other reasons. But if you can post a pic, then others can share their opinions on desirability and give you more info
Old 10-08-2014, 06:56 PM

Don't know about your area, but around here that would be a lot to pay (especially for a non-Singer) unless it and hte cabinet was pristine. Even two spools don't usually sell for that much on Craigslist, though they will sell for more on eBay.

If it was electric, then it wasn't all that old. If it was a hand crank, then it's worth more, but would still need to decent condition.

Now - if it was a really old one (like I'm looking for ) I'd probably buy it anyway - because I've only seen one other like what I want, and they won't ship