eldridge two spool thread pin

Old 03-26-2015, 08:37 AM

Default eldridge two spool thread pin

I have an eldridge two spool sewing machine. It seems to be in very good shape except for the spool pin. It will not screw into the hole in the top. I think that it needs a bolt on the bottom, but it does not go in far enough to put one on. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:47 PM

It's possible that your spool pin is a "tap-in" type, instead of the screw-in! There are metal tap-in type as well as the metal screw-in type. Check the manual for your machine!

Jeanette
Old 03-27-2015, 05:43 PM

no, it is not a tap-in. It has the threads on one end. Perhaps it is the wrong spool pin. I would also need some wooden spools. the can has one spool in it. Do they make them any more?
Old 03-28-2015, 06:55 AM

I don't think wooden spools of the correct size are being made these days. I know old wooden spools show up for sale all the time.
you should be able to find some vintage ones to fit easily enough. It's my understanding that two spool machines can wind thread onto the spools like they're bobbins.
Rodney
Old 03-28-2015, 04:05 PM

I am looking for the back piece that holds the thread spools for a Viking 5000 series, model #15430. I would appreciate if anyone knows where I can get it. thank you
Old 03-28-2015, 08:35 PM

Spark,

I've ordered spool pins from Sew Classic. I got the threaded type for my Singer 201 (metal) and I purchased the plastic or nylon spool pins for my Singer 403. Sew-Classic also has the "tap-in" type (metal). So, I suspect you can get what you need from Sew-Classic. They're not expensive at all, so I think I'd order them. I'm also sure there are other suppliers than Sew-Classic -- they're just the one I've dealt with, and the stuff is generally received in less than a week, unless it is back-ordered. Hope you can get what you need. I only have a couple of wooden spools for mine, but mymachine does have a winder so that I can re-wind the spools -- hope yours does, too.

Enjoy it!

Jeanette
Old 03-30-2015, 10:25 AM

yes, mind does have a winder, but Id like to use more than one color thread if I need to, and it would be nice to have a few extra spools. Thanks for the Sew-Classic site. I'll check it out.