Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Elna super 62 c bobbin not winding >

Elna super 62 c bobbin not winding

Elna super 62 c bobbin not winding

Old 07-08-2017, 10:46 AM

Default Elna super 62 c bobbin not winding

So i picked up a really nice little Elna 62C super for $45.00 at a thrift shop. Only has the bobbin and the foot that are on/in the machine, so i'm looking for those. I attempted to rewind the current bobbin, which appears to be the correct one: solid on one side, holes on the other, no skipped stitches when used, but the bobbin winder spool doesn't go around. Easy fix or am i going to need to use the repair manual?
I think i'll actually use this little gal for my traveling machine since it has nice basic zigzag and satin stitched. And came in the hard steel case with free arm table extension.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:01 AM

If you take off the blue top lid I think you can access the bobbin tyre and the spring mechanism under there. It might need replacing if it's hardened or comming appart. I assume it runs on the back of the hand wheel. You should be able to do it with out the repair manual, but it's always a pluss to have it when you need to go through a machine thoroughly. There is the Elna Yahoo group, it might be available there.