Featherweight sewing machines

Old 05-13-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Yes, I am also looking to buy a Featherweight sewing machine
Ditto!!!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:11 AM

I have two 221's that I take to classes and I paid approx. $200. for each. One has a scroll face plate, the other is a Centennial model. They work great, but have minor scratches on the beds. Both came with cases and attachments. I also have 2 pristine models, one a 222-K and the other a 221. Both have Red S medallions. I use them both, but take my watch off and don't use pins. They also never leave my house. I paid top price for both from a very reputable dealer. I love them all!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:33 AM

I just paid what I think was a reasonable price for one on Ebay. The prices are really down from what they were about a year ago. I've looked mine over but no time to do more then give it a quick once over and to plug it in to make sure it works. Hope to polish, shine, clean and oil this weekend. I chose the one I got because I liked that she had been loved by the owner who was a quilter who had two. Always make sure the seller has good feedback and has been selling a while. She also included a book called "Featherweight 221, the perfect portable". I can do the tuneup myself but would like to find a book to help with her and her sisters.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:05 AM

I just paid $378 for a 221 that's been reconditioned and is guaranteed for 30 days. I also didn't want the hassle of the bidding and liked the guarantee. It's should be here on Tuesday. Can't wait.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:28 AM

I just found a Featherweight on internet for $315, in case and has everything., Comes from a proffessional sewer and sound like you could call her anytime with questions or problems. Is this a super good buy? Please respond. Thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 08:30 AM

Got mine off craigslist for $250. I had been watching the prices on craigslist for a while and felt that was about the going price. So, when I found it, we drove 2.5 hours north of our place to buy it. We met the most wonderful people. We went back a week later to buy two of her six handcrank sewing machines and some really cool lumber from her husband. My DH makes furniture, lamps and bowls so we are always on the lookout for cool, knarly wood.

Regularly, I check craigslist for FW in our state of Washington and still feel that is about the going price. Some people shoot for a higher price but i don't think they get it in most cases.

Just be as patient as possible and the right one, at the right price will come along! :-D
Old 05-13-2011, 08:36 AM

So...perhaps I should go to that auction tomorrow and check out the featherweight that is being offered. I have to say this is the first time I have seen one ofered by this auctioneer....reading the comments,I had not been familiar with this machine. Will have to go by myself as DH is going to a men's breakfast.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:42 AM

I have two, one was a gift and the other cost me $140.00 I love both of them
Old 05-13-2011, 09:22 AM

I found an estate sale ad in the newspaper and they was a singer 1937 machine among the items . I called the lady about it is not a fw,it is in a cabinet ,with a lot of feet and " sews like a dream" It was listed for $85, she will sale it for $60. Is this a good machine and a good price? Thank -msnell
Old 05-13-2011, 09:30 AM

I You have to be quick to get them on craigs list I was the first one to respond to her add, kept looking everyday on craigs list. I put singer and searched entire listings. Found her at a garage sale listing. She was only a little dusty. Came with case and all attachments. Paid $100. Took her to a lady that services them in Lincoln, Ca for $40. she got a new belt and electrical cord and all cleaned up for $65. So my total cost was $165.
Happy Hunting you will find one just be patient.

My Maria
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196515[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-196509.jpe