A few more "New" machines

Old 03-18-2014, 09:19 AM

Default A few more "New" machines

Today the one from Goodwill showed up. This one is "New Royal class" and it takes a Boye 19 shuttle -so I'm very happy to get it. It didn't come with a shuttle, but I have five so I'm covered. Part of my plan to have a machine that takes one of each of the 12 styles of shuttles Boye sold way back.

It came wrapped in layers of small bubble -bubble wrap, and as I was unwinding the stuff, kept thinking this machine had a strange shape - and then I saw why

I'm going to save this picture to show others - very good way to protect the stuff on top.

And here it is. I consider most of my machines "female" but for some reason this one looks masculine to me. I don't normally name my machines anyway.

It's hard to see the decals, under the dirt they show very little wear. This one is in much nicer shape than I expected.

I'm not sure if I shared pictures of my other "new" machines.

This one is made by Weed - and I have no idea what shuttle it takes. It came with one, but I've not got the slide plate loosened up yet to see what it is. I like the different tension on the top.

And the "Seamstress" style - early National that copied the shape of New Home. I had hoped this one would take the older Eldredge/National shuttle, but it appears to be of the newer style. This is the second machine I've bought that I hoped would take that one, but no dice so far! I really like both machines anyway.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:33 AM

Nice! I think I saw the Elder's Special machine go by. I'm happy it went to a good home.
Nice gets on all of them.
Rodney
Old 03-18-2014, 09:34 AM

Love the decals on that last one! Be sure to show a picture when it's cleaned up!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:44 AM

Very neat, all the variety. The Weed tension is very different and interesting.

Jon
Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 PM

serious look on the kitty! perhaps miffed at loosing more flat area to perch on?? Saw those 2, thought about it, glad to not be bidding against you! I've been pleased with the pkg from GW thus far.