Found it in a VSM drawer

Old 03-19-2018, 12:54 PM

Default Found it in a VSM drawer

I didn't buy the Memphis treadle, but I did find this in the drawer. I guess this is for really damp nights in the house.[ATTACH=CONFIG]591298[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fog-lights-b.jpg  
Old 03-19-2018, 02:03 PM

Too funny!
Old 03-19-2018, 06:07 PM

Isn't it interesting what you find in the drawers of old machines?
I found an old drafting pen in one. I had no idea what it was, thought it as a stiletto, so used it that way. It worked very well for that purpose. Then, the DH told me that it was a drafting pen. I said, fine. I like it for a stiletto.

I found this great little oiling bottle. It was marked Hoppe. I had no idea who Hoppe was, so I cleaned the bottle and put sewing machine oil in it. DH then told me that Hoppe is a gun oil, equivalent to SMO. It's a great little bottle that only drops a tiny drop. The problem is DH keeps borrowing it.

I found an old Shaffer cartridge ink pen in a FW case. DH ordered some cartridges from Amazon. Can you believe they still make them?

It's interesting what you find.

bkay
Old 03-19-2018, 09:34 PM

Hm, my grandma has a kind of old sewing machine thats in a drawer, and it's breaking so one day it's gonna fall out the bottom.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:53 AM

Smokeythecat, what is under the drawer? If there is space for a cat, a toddler, or a toe you need to take the machine out now. Many machines weigh near 30 lbs and can do serious damage if they are dropped. Besides, most of us here have seen damaged machines that we would have liked to see uninjured. Welcome to the board.

Bkay I like to use the old steel drip oil cans also.

Iris and I both use vintage pens, too.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:20 PM

It's getting pretty bad when you need turn on the fog lights to sew! ha ha!
Old 03-20-2018, 02:55 PM

A friend gave me an old Necchi in a desk type of cabinet. It had sat in the basement for many years near where her stepdad smoked fish. He had set everything on fire with an electrical cord going over a heater. There was a deep layer of soot and burned grease on the cabinet and the head. The drawers seemed to hold the memories of his sons as they grew up. Everything from old report cards to bullets that looked like they would take down an elephant. I kept the cabinet, returned the mementos to her stepdad, and gave the machine and accessories to the nicest shoe salesman I ever met. He cleaned and rewired the machine, then sent me a photo along with description of carhart bags he makes. You meet the nicest people when you share a love of old sewing machines.