Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Free Westinghouse model 803 help >

Free Westinghouse model 803 help

Free Westinghouse model 803 help

Old 09-05-2018, 10:49 AM

Default Free Westinghouse model 803 help

I am new to Quilting board, I have posted elsewhere, don't know for sure right place, this machine I found in the basement of my apartment building for free. I have now rewired him and he is cleaned up. This is an old picture, I have new ones but don't know how to get them out of my phone LOL. Anyway I need a manual or at least what cams this would use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Glowygirl
Old 09-05-2018, 10:51 AM

Default Picture for Free Westinghouse

Picture for Free Westinghouse
Attached Thumbnails model-803-free-westinghouse-picture.jpg  
Old 09-05-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Glowygirl2 View Post
I am new to Quilting board, I have posted elsewhere, don't know for sure right place, this machine I found in the basement of my apartment building for free. I have now rewired him and he is cleaned up. This is an old picture, I have new ones but don't know how to get them out of my phone LOL. Anyway I need a manual or at least what cams this would use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Glowygirl
it's not a common model under that name. Chances are that it was sold under several different names, so that it could be sold by several different dealers in the same town.

To find a manual for it, you are going to have to spend some time on Mr. Google. You'll have to find a similar machine under another name to get the manual. I'd start out looking for a sewing machine 803 and see if you can find another one like it looking at the images on Google. You just have to keep looking. You can also look for the drawing of it on the sewing machine manuals sites. It will be a generic manual that won't say "free westinghouse". It might say, deluxe sewing machine or some other generic title. Just google sewing machine manuals and go through the sites and look for one that matches yours. Print out your photo and keep it by the screen. Otherwise, you will spend lots of time flipping back and forth.

Another option would be to go to the https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...tions/messages site and see if anyone there can help you. They talk about all kinds of sewing machines. You'll have to join the group, but they have lots of free manuals in their files.

The last option I can think of is to look for a Japanese Vintage Sewing machine group on Facebook. I don't do facebook, so can't help you there. However, many groups have migrated to Facebook.

The chances of anyone knowing which cams you need is slim to none. There are tons of cams floating around in the world that no one knows which machine they belong to. Unless you find someone who owns one of those machines and can give you a photo, you won't likely find them. Generally speaking, most sewing machines will zig-zag without the cams and that's usually the only one used.

bkay
Old 09-05-2018, 02:52 PM

Thank you so much for your reply, I know for sure it has been searched on Mr. Google for hours on end, my eyes prove that point with their Google eyes look, LOL Thanks for the info.