Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Free-Westinghouse Vintage Sewing Machine - Help finding more information

I just saw one of these machines at a sewing machine place. I left he, but it is calling to me. Maybe I ought to ask Santa for it.

Oat - I have this machine myself and use it regularly. I received it from my grandmother who bought it brand new in 1958. I do have the original instruction manual and also the matching blue metal case that holds the attachments. The attachments manual is also here with me. The pictures you posted are exactly what I have, same model 303 other than mine is on a sewing machine table that stores the machine inside when not in use. And your serial number 4003 is slightly lower than mine. Let me know if I can help in any way to get you the information in the instruction book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jleigh View Post
    Oat - I have this machine myself and use it regularly. I received it from my grandmother who bought it brand new in 1958. I do have the original instruction manual and also the matching blue metal case that holds the attachments. The attachments manual is also here with me. The pictures you posted are exactly what I have, same model 303 other than mine is on a sewing machine table that stores the machine inside when not in use. And your serial number 4003 is slightly lower than mine. Let me know if I can help in any way to get you the information in the instruction book.

Hi Jleigh,

I also recently purchased one of these machines at a Garage sale for $1!. Serial Number 4589. But no instruction manual or attachments. Would love some help from the instruction book.

Thanks so much

Sorry I can't help you, but it's sure a beautiful machine. I'm sure that someone will be able to help you though.

As soon as I can I will scan the entire manual and have it available for anyone who needs it. Not sure if there is somewhere here to post that on this site? Guess I will find that out when the time comes.
    I can send it directly to you either way.

I am looking for this manual also if anyone can help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jleigh View Post
    Jleigh, if you made a scan of the manuals, could you please send me a copy too?

I have a Free Westinghouse 603, have never been able to find a manual anywhere! Maybe this would at least be similar!

Or if anyone has a Free Westinghouse 603 manual, please let me know!

Sergethrift, welcome aboard. This thread is 4 years old, many of the people responding aren't active anymore. If your machine looks like the one shown, it's a 15 clone-a Japanese copy of a Singer model 15 with minor differences. A Singer model 15 manual would be close enough to help you. They're available as a free download at Singerco.com.
    Rodney
    "Neglect to oil the machine will shorten its life and cause you

trouble and annoyance" Quote from Singer Model 99 Manual

Hi there...I have this same blue machine w serial #5052. It is in a wood cabinet w a rattan insert and lifts out on hinges. Anyone know it's value?

Quote Originally Posted by Toluca Moon View Post
    Hi there...I have this same blue machine w serial #5052. It is in a wood cabinet w a rattan insert and lifts out on hinges. Anyone know it's value?
    Sadly, while these Japanese clones are really great machines, there is not a lot of value in them. The US was flooded with them after WWII so there are literally still millions of them. The pretty colored ones tend to get a little better price than plain black ones, but still, not much. It's only worth whatever someone is willing to pay you for it. I have several and have paid anywhere from $5.00 to $20 for all but one of mine. One I paid a lot for but it's an original hand crank machine in a pretty green.

Cari
    Last edited by Cari-in-Oly; 03-09-2016 at 05:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2