Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: For giggles, continued, I saw it on...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Hey, this Singer's box must be a misprint!!!
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/app/4265432080.html
    Why do I want to add " Sam I Am" to the end of that post?
    Or "says Yoda" either one would be fine...

It's a White Singer!
    Anastasia - I like to sew square things.

When it's this cold out, I suppose all there is to do at home is smoke a little...
    http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=558032862 - love the stool comment. Since it's a Golden T&S, it must be worth gold...

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=558015646 - The second line is what made me giggle. 15 years old, but lots of stitches still left. I guess that makes sense, in retrospect. After all, once they hit about 60 years old, they often only have one left....

Blog Entries
    Don't they teach grammar in Edmonton?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Blog Entries
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/4280881904.html
    This one has so much wrong - where do you start..... picture: one machine in the wood.....

"Fairly good condition. I don't know much about this machine. I just wanted the treadle base it was on. The rest is yours if you want it. $80.00 or best offer by Sunday or it's going in the barn to be lost for another hundred years. Lol"
    Last edited by miriam; 01-11-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

I hope someone can rescue this machine. such a pretty....
    😊 wilburness 😊

Awww. Poor guy.

Hey, anyone wanta trade a few truckloads of kudzu for snow?
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Don't they teach grammar in Edmonton?
    They used to when I was in school. I think all they learn in school now is violence and whatever the kids want.
    There was even a trustee for Edmonton Public school board that said on the radio "the world has moved on from such basic skills as spelling. Sure our kids haven’t mastered these skills, but they’re good at researching.".... uhhh... research doesn't work well if you can't read or write.... dunce.

Quote Originally Posted by redmadder View Post
    Hey, anyone wanta trade a few truckloads of kudzu for snow?
    Sure,.. I'll take Kudzu,... what's that? I have more snow that I could use in 6 life times...
    Oh. You wanted to get rid of the snow, didn't you?

Blog Entries
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/hsh/4264945463.html

ok... keep looking .. oh there it is .... that green case... what's in the garbage bags? ohhhh is it garbage pick up day?

Blog Entries
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/atq/4244568122.html

Singer? Ohhhh.... Capitol! but wait! a Brother accessory case.. and ... (cough, cough) how much?

Hey, this Singer's box must be a misprint!!!
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/app/4265432080.html
    I'm sure at some point they wondered why the color of the machine was so predominately featured on the front of the box.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    ".... uhhh... research doesn't work well if you can't read or write.... dunce.
    One of our school officials was quoted by the local newspaper as defending his decision to move the Jr-Sr Prom to a larger neighboring community (since the kids said there were more things to do in the city), by stating that it wouldn’t adversely effect the local businesses because the school "buys everything that they need for prom on the internet”. Ummm, hello? Who do you think is going to support all of your school programs now? The folks in the city or the businesses on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    Sure,.. I'll take Kudzu,... what's that?
    That would be a good trade, but only because of your location. Kudzu probably wouldn’t survive where you’re at, and that may be why you aren’t familiar with it. If you lived closer to the equator, you’d probably not want it for all of the snow in Canada.....

CD in Oklahoma
    Last edited by ThayerRags; 01-11-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Grammer and spelling.
    "I sew, I sew, so it's off to work I go!!!"
    ThayerRags Fabric Center
    http://thayerrags.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
    I sent this guy an email asking him where he got his figure for his machine. Said it isn't worth much for than 30.00, don't think he will answer anyway. I checked out his store and can't see anything fantastic in it.
    I have been gone almost a week to Dallas TX and when I came home I had an email from him that said "Not this one!" But he didn't say what made this one so "special".

Quote Originally Posted by costumegirl View Post

ok... keep looking .. oh there it is .... that green case... what's in the garbage bags? ohhhh is it garbage pick up day?
    I bet those bags are filled with fabric and/or batting!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
    One of our school officials was quoted by the local newspaper as defending his decision to move the Jr-Sr Prom to a larger neighboring community (since the kids said there were more things to do in the city), by stating that it wouldn’t adversely effect the local businesses because the school "buys everything that they need for prom on the internet”. Ummm, hello? Who do you think is going to support all of your school programs now? The folks in the city or the businesses on the internet?
    Sometimes you have to wonder what they're thinking. Seriously? That's going endear you to the community you're about to set these kids loose on? Then on top of that, you're not supporting the community at all?

It's a wonder they don't starve to death trying to get food in their mouths around feet that large.

That would be a good trade, but only because of your location. Kudzu probably wouldn’t survive where you’re at, and that may be why you aren’t familiar with it. If you lived closer to the equator, you’d probably not want it for all of the snow in Canada.....

CD in Oklahoma
    I looked it up after I posted that. Turns out we (as in Canada, not we as in Central Alberta) do have it here, a little. It's in the warmer part of Ontario. I also read that it supposedly has medicinal properties, so here's a little secret I learned about ridding yourself of a weed that simply won't go away - try to cultivate it.

Our garden was overrun with chickweed. Couldn't get rid of it for anything. So I looked on the Internet, found it was good for some of what ails me. I tried to grow it, nurture it. I even moved the strawberries, etc.

It died, and hasn't been back since. That was about 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by costumegirl View Post

But the post it note claims the green case is a Kenmore. I wonder where the treadle is.

Quote Originally Posted by amcatanzaro View Post
    But the post it note claims the green case is a Kenmore. I wonder where the treadle is.
    The other green case.
    Mark

a $435 singer 15-91!! am i seeing it correctly - good for the seller but i don't know about the buyer. do you really think the pricing is not fixed. sometimes they do that on ebay. they jacked up the biddings. this is the SINGER 15-91 i am talking about.

as a note i had a bid but stopped at $60++.

Quote Originally Posted by vmaniqui View Post
    a $435 singer 15-91!! am i seeing it correctly - good for the seller but i don't know about the buyer. do you really think the pricing is not fixed. sometimes they do that on ebay. they jacked up the biddings. this is the SINGER 15-91 i am talking about.

Well, it looks nice. Too bad that the gear drive isn't all metal, though. Seems like the listings where the sellers BS about heavy duty, leather, sailcloth, etc., the higher the price goes.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by vmaniqui View Post

I bid on that black longbed 301a that ended up selling for $530.

Quote Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
    ..... Too bad that the gear drive isn't all metal, though. Seems like the listings where the sellers BS about heavy duty, leather, sailcloth, etc., the higher the price goes.

That IS an all metal drive machine. Really really. and the 15-91 is the little brother of the 201 and like it's sibling will sew whatever you are cruel enough to feed under the presser foot. (I have had both models sew leather without batting an eye)

Mystery SM, but they're sure it's worth at least $21

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-15220837.html
    pig in a poke? or a goodie? they dont have any keys??
    Jim

"What do you mean worrying doesn't help? Everything I ever worried about...never happened!"
    quote by __________ I forget who.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsewnsew View Post
    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-15220837.html
    pig in a poke? or a goodie? they dont have any keys??
    23 pounds? I'm betting on a 99.

That IS an all metal drive machine. Really really. and the 15-91 is the little brother of the 201 and like it's sibling will sew whatever you are cruel enough to feed under the presser foot. (I have had both models sew leather without batting an eye)
    Take a good look at the gear attached to the handwheel, Steve. Almost all metal. That gear is a fiber gear. 15-91 and 201-2 both.
    Name:  IMG_1305.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  248.6 KB

Page 3 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... LastLast