gonna be on the road again!

Old 08-17-2014, 03:38 AM

my goodness! congrats on your find! beautiful. I did not know that a FW came in anything other than a black box.
now you will be shuffling cabinets around again to make room.
again, congrats on your find.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
We're home finally - almost 12 hours from when we set out - though not all that was spent driving. We went to Homer NE, and then back through Yankton SD.
Well looking at your haul your 12 hours was well spent
Old 08-17-2014, 04:28 AM

I am impressed. Did singer make lifts for other models?
Old 08-17-2014, 05:11 AM

Macybaby, you are to be commended for your ability to find these treasures! Good Job! And the finish on the FW table looks to be really nice!
Old 08-17-2014, 07:27 AM

Finding room is going to be a real challenge. I'm moving a few things around in the laundry room to make room for the big Ironrite. Until we get the building remodeled - I really don't have more room in the house, as I've got them in the way already. We're not really remodeling - we replaced the cement floor several years ago, and now we're going to take it down to the cement and rebuild it. Not planning on starting that until September, and it will take a while to get done.

Sometimes I think it's just meant for me to find things - I don't look on Craigslist all that often, but will if I know we'd have some time for a trip - and sometimes what I'm looking for is there! I feel I was fortunate this time, I doubt that FW cabinet would have been around long. She posted it on Wednesday and I saw it on Friday and contacted her right away. This was priced at a fair value for it's collect-ability, which would have discouraged anyone but a collector from buying it.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:49 AM

Hi, all. I'm Susan in Texas and I have 1 Featherweight that I've fallen in love with. On August 30th my friend and I are taking our Featherweight to a class to learn how to care for our machines. We will be taking it completely apart, oiling, greasing, total maintenance and then putting it back together. I hope I won't leave any parts out. Glad to know there is a board here to talk about our machines.

Susan
Old 08-17-2014, 08:08 AM

Great Haul! The cabinet for the Featherweight is really nice. Your DH will really be glad he got the 29 too. I bet he will have lots of uses for it. The mangle is really in great shape too. I really enjoy using mine for the quilting fabric because it makes fast work of getting those large pieces ironed before cutting. Also really great for binding!

Lisa
Old 08-17-2014, 09:40 AM

What a great haul !!!! Congratulations to you both.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:40 AM

I think your trip was a very good one. That little Featherweight table is awesome. So cute. You will enjoy sewing on that. I love my vintage machines in a cabinet for sewing.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:28 AM

Wow Cathy!! What a terrific FW cabinet - great find!! Have fun with your new toys!!

LOL! I just told DH about your road trip and he said "you mean there are others as crazy as us?" Yep!! Crazy, passionate searchers and smart