Hand Painted Singer Logo?

Old 05-24-2023, 10:21 AM

Default Hand Painted Singer Logo?

I came across this R Series Singer today and was intrigued by the logo. Is this DIY job? Sorry, pic link is not working. I’ll circle back later

Last edited by EthanAllen; 05-24-2023 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:55 AM

Default With photo

Photo with unique logo.

Attachment 644152
Old 05-24-2023, 11:54 AM

Your pic won't open. You might have to read the instructions on posting pics here Including Images and Attachments (as of 24 Jan 2020)
Old 05-24-2023, 12:40 PM

Default Try number 2

Thanks as I newb my way though this new forum.
Attachment 644153
Old 05-24-2023, 01:18 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
Your pic won't open. You might have to read the instructions on posting pics here Including Images and Attachments (as of 24 Jan 2020)
Thanks for the tips however, I can't get it to work even with the directions. The image appears in my post however, it does not say "attached thumbnails". Additionally, the preview post button gives me a user error.
Old 05-24-2023, 02:49 PM

Here's Janey's instructions on posting pics. Worked for me

The photos generally need to be reduced to less than 2MB in size. I have heard of people sending an email to themselves as it will ask if you want to reduce the size. I have an android phone and when I tried to reply on Quilting Board while in mobile view None of the options for adding pictures was available. However, there is an option down at the bottom left of the page that is for "Full Site" when I tapped on "Full Site" It then looked like the way it looks on my lap top. So it would have the Red Reply and the Go Advanced options.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
And how to use an ipad to post pictures can be found at Uploading photos

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:09 PM

Thank you, cashs_mom.

From my understanding if you preview your post, the software seems to lose the image. You have only twenty minutes to edit your post. So I go ahead and post and then if I have to change something, I do it after posting.

I think that there were few and far between hand painted machines. According to https://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mac...ic-decals.html It appears there may have been some in the 1890s that were. But with R serial number it would have been made after 1902 which most definitely been decals.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 05-24-2023, 04:24 PM

I sure wish we could see the picture, it sounds intriguing. In the 1930s and 1940s and maybe even later there were some machines that were refurbished and may have had different decals added. There are many that are repainting and adding decals even of their own making or made to look like previous decals. I have seen Featherweights with Gingerbread and Red Head Decals. Sure looks funny.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)