Have to show you this

Old 07-23-2013, 12:47 PM

Default Have to show you this

Yes, I get question's as why did you buy that ! winkled faces when I talk or show it...

The story, I saw this on c/l for well over 1 1/2 years of add after add, The add photo only showed the back of the cabinet,which has the name on there ,, nothing else in photo's. each add there price was $40 USD.. According to the seller, no one blinked an eye on buying it...inculding me..

last fall the add came up again, at $40, it was a $20 drive (gas and a hamburger) so what the hay eh ?
Her story, it belonged to an uncle, spent it's life wrapped in plastic in the shop, she knew nothing else, this is her life from a kid till then, she must have been early 50's..

In the drawer is a miltary P 38 a real one with U.S. marking, ( C ration can opener if you don't know ) telling me uncle was in the miltary, meaning the plastic was shipping wrap. also in a drawer is instruction for a cam machine, so they also have a more modren machine. This one must have just been put on the side, upon returning to the states...

Th emachne has had very very little use, there is deep marks ( pin / needle ) on the bed and arm

yes a 15 clone , it doesn't have HA or Ja numbers and no where is made in Japan or occupied japan.. it's not an export machine. on top the arm is AICHI KOGYO CO ,, LTD .. = toyota's industrail name used before and after WWl ll . of course there is nothing on the net about this machine, I have put it on japanese yahoo...

By the wood used building the cabinet it has to be early 50's, we used to called 50's japenese furniture monkey wood, for lack of a better term...

The base is a very close copy of a singer straight leg, but it has three legs, each side and is cast not pressed steel tube..and brass poivts.

[n use the only sounds you hear is the feed dogs working .. no noise what so ever..of course it I took it apart and lube every thing .. only cleaning that need done was dusting the base legs..

manul is 100% japanese.. attachments are all RUBY Brand named.. best part, in a drawer was a brand new, REAL leather belt LOL..

I have 14 treadles, when I show these this is the last one shown .. you should see the look on faces. " yep same company as the car you drive ".

I have made a demin quilt on this, so far this machine is the Bee's knee's. may not be the Best, ok for th price

From what I can find all Toyota makes now is Hi end industrails..

Old 07-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

I am speechless! Looks like a great find.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Banned

i would bet you could remove those scratches with Muv's and/or Glenn's process
Old 07-23-2013, 01:02 PM

What a beauty!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

​She's a pretty little clone treadle!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:48 PM

congrats on your find, nice looking machine and cabinet
Old 07-23-2013, 06:13 PM

I love it!! The Japanese clones are wonderful machines!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful machine!!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:28 PM

I posted this because ther not much of a chance you'll ever see another one under the Toyota name.

when I called this lady, My intent of buying was only, so she could stop running that add LOLOL , no BS. I mean 40 Bucks ?? There's alot of people here that do collect these, why did it not sell in 1 1/2 yrs ?? it's not my favorite, Thats a homemade hack job, Thats looks like a singer 15 somthing, cooffee table top on a pressed steel stand, Thats starts without using the hand wheel every time... ever fouls the thread, makes a chuck sound just before the bobbin runs out ..

I;m sorry homemade is imporer, it's custom made .. Hilly billy hackery

Toyota did make Branded machines, after having this, I can pick ne out at first sight...

Doing the research on it led me to a real eye opening of what took place after WWll , FYI singer didn't "GIVE" away a thing LOLOL.. This give away is butt a play on words...$$$$$
Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 AM

Wow, what a rare find, pun intended. I love the picture of the slippers (?) on the treadle peddle. Do you need a translation of the manual? I have a family member who is Japanese.