Help Identifying Plate

Old 04-01-2018, 08:52 PM

Default Help Identifying Plate

The little plate on the top of the photo is actually the same color as the larger plate.
I have no idea what machine the smaller plate goes too. AND I'm not even sure it is for any machine I have. 1910 Redeye Treadle, a couple of 401A, and a 600 Touch & Sew all Singers.

I had a Brother 650 but that plate was much larger and it's long gone now.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails old-parts.jpg  
Old 04-02-2018, 01:47 AM

Those are for the Touch & Sew machines. The round one should have number 21906 on it, the throat plate might be 21913 or 21915. One would also need part number 163455 which is a thread guide so one could sew a chain stitch.
https://growyourownclothes.com/2015/...n-a-touch-sew/ refers to http://www.tandtrepair.com/600TandSstuff.html and there are some pdf files available there. The instructions on the tant site are for "Chain Stitch - Threading & Such"

Most of the ones I have are stamped lightly and small and hard to decipher.

The 636 instruction manual has the chain stitch instructions in it which I'm thinking can be found at Instruction Manuals | Singer Sewing It looks like they will be changing the site in a couple of days and don't know if it will still be available when they do.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Those are for the Touch & Sew machines. The round one should have number 21906 on it, the throat plate might be 21913 or 21915. One would also need part number 163455 which is a thread guide so one could sew a chain stitch.
https://growyourownclothes.com/2015/...n-a-touch-sew/ refers to http://www.tandtrepair.com/600TandSstuff.html and there are some pdf files available there. The instructions on the tant site are for "Chain Stitch - Threading & Such"

Most of the ones I have are stamped lightly and small and hard to decipher.

The 636 instruction manual has the chain stitch instructions in it which I'm thinking can be found at Instruction Manuals | Singer Sewing It looks like they will be changing the site in a couple of days and don't know if it will still be available when they do.

THANK YOU so very much. I have a Singer Touch & Sew 600. this little part must have gotten out of the box that has the stuff for that machine.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:37 AM

The larger plate might be from a 401. It looks like the ones I am using on mine (the part numbers are mentioned on another current thread). My 600 is buried under a lot of junk, so I can't go look easily. I don't think the 401 will chain stitch.

bkay
Old 04-03-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
The larger plate might be from a 401. It looks like the ones I am using on mine (the part numbers are mentioned on another current thread). My 600 is buried under a lot of junk, so I can't go look easily. I don't think the 401 will chain stitch.

bkay
You are correct about the 401A plate. I was using it for size comparison. I went to the sites suggested by by OurWorkBench and they are spot on. 600 Chainstitchin plate. NOW I have to figure out how to use it. I have the manual I think. LOL The 600 Touch & Sew was my high school graduation present - a year late as they wanted to get me the newest.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:08 PM

I have a 788 that will chain stitch. The plate is plastic, however. The instructions are in the manual, so you could use that manual if need be. They should be basically the same.

bkay
Old 04-03-2018, 05:34 PM

I have a 788 that will chain stitch. The plate is plastic, however. The instructions are in the manual, so you could use that manual if need be. They should be basically the same.

bkay
bkay, is that a typo? or did you mean 758? Do you mean the bobbin case cover is plastic?

Jackie's (tuckyquilter) throat plate in the picture is for the chainstitch. I got my first 626 so that I could chainstitch. I've picked up some other T&S's and accessories separately for the chain stitch stuff. I actually got some boxes just a couple of days ago. I recognized the needle plate as it has a more oval hole than the straight stitch plate. Another way to identify it is that the flip side has a lever doohickey (I'm sure that is the technical term for it LOL) on it.

http://www.tandtrepair.com/600TandSstuff.html has the pdf instructions named "Chain Stitch - Threading & Such"

Old 04-03-2018, 08:21 PM
Banned

The 630 will chain stitch too. Not too long after I got my 630(sans Any fiddly bits) I bought a big box of Singer cr, er, stuff on Ebay. The pics weren't too clear so I wasn't really sure what I was getting but for $25 I figured I could sell anything I didn't want. It turned out to have more slant stuff than anything else including a couple of full sets of fiddly bits, around 40 cams(lots of doubles), and all 3 parts of the chain stitch for my 630. I think I still to this day have some of that stuff. Best box I ever bought.

Cari
Old 04-04-2018, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
bkay, is that a typo? or did you mean 758? Do you mean the bobbin case cover is plastic?

Jackie's (tuckyquilter) throat plate in the picture is for the chainstitch. I got my first 626 so that I could chainstitch. I've picked up some other T&S's and accessories separately for the chain stitch stuff. I actually got some boxes just a couple of days ago. I recognized the needle plate as it has a more oval hole than the straight stitch plate. Another way to identify it is that the flip side has a lever doohickey (I'm sure that is the technical term for it LOL) on it.

http://www.tandtrepair.com/600TandSstuff.html has the pdf instructions named "Chain Stitch - Threading & Such"

Yes, that is a typo. Should be a 778, which is very similar to the 758, except it's a free arm.

The chainstitch "plate" that came with the machine is plastic .

bkay
Old 04-04-2018, 05:55 AM

Yes, that is a typo. Should be a 778, which is very similar to the 758, except it's a free arm.

The chainstitch "plate" that came with the machine is plastic .

bkay
I wonder if the metal one would work? I had a chance to look at the manual and the parts list for 778. Kind of interesting - in the manual it calls it "Bobbin Case Cover," but the parts list calls it "Chainstitch Attachment Loop Retainer Disc (plastic)"

Have you had a chance to try chain stitching?