Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
How many almonds in the shell can be stuffed into a 201K treadle head?? >

How many almonds in the shell can be stuffed into a 201K treadle head??

How many almonds in the shell can be stuffed into a 201K treadle head??

Old 12-03-2015, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Ha ha could be much worse. It sounds like something my daughter would have done when she was a little kid.
Oh, maybe it was stuffed by a human! I just assumed a rodent did it.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by msleepingbeauty00 View Post
I'm still trying to decide what was in the pillar of my 128. My husband thinks a squirrel put in about 2 dozen acorns! When I got it home and opened, I hear a plink, plink, plink. The acorns were falling down into the cabinet and every time I moved the handwheel after that.
You too? Funny!
Old 12-09-2015, 01:56 PM

Nuts are a new one on me! I found 2 mud wasp nests in the pillar of my Singer 115.
I once found about 20 straight pins in the top of a 301 that I bought. Apparently a child thought it needed them. lol Thankfully I didn't sew with it until I cleaned and oiled it.
Sharon in Texas
Old 12-12-2015, 08:21 AM

LOL! My cousin is an electrical engineer, he finds transformers that have been packed with acorns all the time.

My friend was having trouble with her sewing machine a couple years ago, I checked it out and found it to be full of large sequins and a couple pennies. Apparently the kids got into the craft room at some point and figured the top slot looked a lot like a bank slot, and sequins look a lot like money, sooo....
Old 12-12-2015, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

I was lucky and found nothing but a little lint in my 401. It was never in a barn or shed. Always used in her sewing room.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:42 AM

I bought two Singer 319w's in one month. The green one...I was afraid to reach under it because it was full of rabbit hair and sawdust! Freaked me out. Then I purchased a black one since the green one needs some work done on it and I loved the looks of the black machine. The black one was shipped to me and when I unpacked it I found that the former owner had filled the entire inside of the machine with styrofoam noodles for shipping! It took me forever to pick them all out.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by HiDesertQuilter View Post
I bought two Singer 319w's in one month. The green one...I was afraid to reach under it because it was full of rabbit hair and sawdust! Freaked me out. Then I purchased a black one since the green one needs some work done on it and I loved the looks of the black machine. The black one was shipped to me and when I unpacked it I found that the former owner had filled the entire inside of the machine with styrofoam noodles for shipping! It took me forever to pick them all out.
I'll bet that styrofoam took an effort to remove it all! Gravity helped me get the nuts out.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:52 PM

Kerosene would have melted the packing peanuts. But what a sticky mess that would have been and it would have flowed into everything....plus it is a little rough on the fiber belt that drives the 319 (a lot like my black 306)....