Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How many almonds in the shell can be stuffed into a 201K treadle head??

How many almonds in the shell can be stuffed into a 201K treadle head??

7 and counting - LOL! Funny, none came out when I checked the machine over while making the purchase. I did make a comment to the owners on how stiff it was to turn the handwheel - no wonder! Three separate times of swinging this machine up to the usable position has dumped the nuts on my floor. I didn't find any rodent yuckies while cleaning the machine and cabinet - thank goodness. I've heard of wasp nests and other things in machines but holiday nuts is a new one to me.

Banned
    that would be a new one on me!

There are definitely worse things than almonds. I worked on a machine that had mouse "doodles" in the top. Then when I looked into the corkscrew (old Singer) gear, and it was packed with berries and dried corn. And dead cockroaches are always disgusting.
    Annette in Utah

Wow! I wonder how on earth they got there in the first place! I inherited a Singer 353 from my mom, but a guildmate was recently selling her 221 & I was almost tempted into buying it. Such tiny adorable little things. I can't understand how 7 whole almonds even fit in there! Hope you've found the last of them!

Blog Entries
    18--if you pack carefully--so if I'm right what do I win LOL

Blog Entries
    Ha ha could be much worse. It sounds like something my daughter would have done when she was a little kid.
    Never let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

WOW, and my Bernina has only had dust bunnies living inside.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I'm still trying to decide what was in the pillar of my 128. My husband thinks a squirrel put in about 2 dozen acorns! When I got it home and opened, I hear a plink, plink, plink. The acorns were falling down into the cabinet and every time I moved the handwheel after that.

Your title got me going/I had to check this one out! Too funny! Lucky you, a 201 is on my wish list.
    Aronel aka Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
    18--if you pack carefully--so if I'm right what do I win LOL
    I wish I had a prize for you!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Ha ha could be much worse. It sounds like something my daughter would have done when she was a little kid.
    Oh, maybe it was stuffed by a human! I just assumed a rodent did it.

Quote Originally Posted by msleepingbeauty00 View Post
    I'm still trying to decide what was in the pillar of my 128. My husband thinks a squirrel put in about 2 dozen acorns! When I got it home and opened, I hear a plink, plink, plink. The acorns were falling down into the cabinet and every time I moved the handwheel after that.
    You too? Funny!

Nuts are a new one on me! I found 2 mud wasp nests in the pillar of my Singer 115.
    I once found about 20 straight pins in the top of a 301 that I bought. Apparently a child thought it needed them. lol Thankfully I didn't sew with it until I cleaned and oiled it.
    Sharon in Texas

LOL! My cousin is an electrical engineer, he finds transformers that have been packed with acorns all the time.

My friend was having trouble with her sewing machine a couple years ago, I checked it out and found it to be full of large sequins and a couple pennies. Apparently the kids got into the craft room at some point and figured the top slot looked a lot like a bank slot, and sequins look a lot like money, sooo....

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I was lucky and found nothing but a little lint in my 401. It was never in a barn or shed. Always used in her sewing room.

Blog Entries
    I bought two Singer 319w's in one month. The green one...I was afraid to reach under it because it was full of rabbit hair and sawdust! Freaked me out. Then I purchased a black one since the green one needs some work done on it and I loved the looks of the black machine. The black one was shipped to me and when I unpacked it I found that the former owner had filled the entire inside of the machine with styrofoam noodles for shipping! It took me forever to pick them all out.

Quote Originally Posted by HiDesertQuilter View Post
    I bought two Singer 319w's in one month. The green one...I was afraid to reach under it because it was full of rabbit hair and sawdust! Freaked me out. Then I purchased a black one since the green one needs some work done on it and I loved the looks of the black machine. The black one was shipped to me and when I unpacked it I found that the former owner had filled the entire inside of the machine with styrofoam noodles for shipping! It took me forever to pick them all out.
    I'll bet that styrofoam took an effort to remove it all! Gravity helped me get the nuts out.

Kerosene would have melted the packing peanuts. But what a sticky mess that would have been and it would have flowed into everything....plus it is a little rough on the fiber belt that drives the 319 (a lot like my black 306)....
    " one should endeavor to keep ones straight pins from the floor whilst treadling barefoot" .... me 2015