Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • how old is vintage...and do we discuss industrials >
  • how old is vintage...and do we discuss industrials

• how old is vintage...and do we discuss industrials

Old 04-09-2012, 04:44 PM
    Power Poster

I guess it would be tough to find something like that just laying around in Alaska. If you go around area here you might find a whole herd for not too much if another factory closed.
    Old 04-11-2012, 04:14 AM

I sent you a private message. My husband's an upholsterer and uses this machine everyday!
    Old 04-11-2012, 04:59 AM

Hi Dan, I'm heavily into domestic vintage Singers and have only recently got into industrial machines, so my knowledge is limited. But I was able to find parts I needed for a Singer 111w155 (a machine that Consew later based the 226 on) at

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/

While they do not list Consew as a brand they support, from what I understand there are some parts in common, as the 226 was a clone of the Singer 111. You have to search by part number; with any luck there will be a parts list online for your models.

Another potential resource, as unlikely as it sounds, is this forum:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showforum=50

While that's a website dedicated to leatherworking, the sewing machine forum I linked to is filled with guys discussing machines, and there are a few Consew models they discuss. The guys there are knowledgeable about the machines and freely discuss parts, repairs, motors and such.

I'm fairly new to this forum we're writing on right now, but I'm pretty sure it's okay for you to ask here too; I just list the above two resources because they've been helpful in answering questions I had, when I could not find those answers on my typical go-to forums (which mostly deal with domestic machines). Good luck with the repairs, and please share any findings you come across!
    Old 04-11-2012, 02:34 PM

Thanks For the links, I have looked a little at the leather forum, and I have sources of parts, but new I need so many....just expensive, I almost need a junked or broken machine to scavenge from. The 226 is a completely different machine from the 206 ( Yeah I have a 226 as well... these machines use a cogged belt drive for the hook )
    Old 04-11-2012, 02:43 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by greywuuf
    Thanks For the links, I have looked a little at the leather forum, and I have sources of parts, but new I need so many....just expensive, I almost need a junked or broken machine to scavenge from. The 226 is a completely different machine from the 206 ( Yeah I have a 226 as well... these machines use a cogged belt drive for the hook )
    I'm thinking there are some manuals for the industrials somewhere on line... free ones...
    Old 04-11-2012, 07:01 PM

I've made a typo, twice: I meant to type that the Consew 206 was a clone of the Singer 111. The 226 I'm unfamiliar with.