Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
How to pick out a foot controller for my Pfaff? >

How to pick out a foot controller for my Pfaff?

How to pick out a foot controller for my Pfaff?

Old 07-16-2014, 03:42 PM

Default How to pick out a foot controller for my Pfaff?

My Pfaff 130 came without a foot controller or a cord and being completely frozen it didn't really need it at the time. I have a cord for it now and have tested both the motor and lamp and we are good there.

I have several loose foot controllers but most of them say something about 'for motors rated max. 1.0 A'. The highest I cam find one rated is for up to a 1.2 .

The Pfaff motor is rated 1.3 Amp. 1/15 HP 5000 RPM. I want to get the most vroom vroom out of the motor that I can.

Should I be looking for another foot controller? Will they stunt the motor, or be overworked if they are not rated high enough?
Old 07-17-2014, 05:23 AM

Christy,

I'm not an X-spurt on controllers, but I haven't had any problems with the new replacement resistance controllers on any machine I've used them on. The motors have varied from below 1 amp to above it. I think a couple are even 1.5 amps.

I had an email discussion with Jenny at Sew-Classic some time back and she said it was more important to match the amp ratings on the motors and the electronic controllers than the resistance types.

I doubt that .1 amp difference between the motor and the controller would hurt the performance any.

Somewhere I have, or had, a site with a high amp capacity controller. I've been looking for it, but haven't been able to find it. When / if I do I'll post it.

Joe
Old 07-17-2014, 05:49 AM

Thanks Joe. I appreciate any input and would love to see the controller if you find it. I am going to work on the machine today and will try the controller I have with the closest rating.