Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I知 looking for information on this machine

I知 looking for information on this machine

I just bought this and all I can find out about it is that it was made April 13th 1926,
    the serial number is: AB031778 and it has changed stickers on it Rebuilt Singer Machine
    with a Gold Big B trade Mark 釘ega痴 Rebuilt Machine, With Bega痴 Parts it also has an embossed 24 in the gold B trademark.
    I just can稚 seem to find anything on it, it痴 in pretty good condition but it痴 missing the needle bar connecting link. So I知 trying to locate one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't know what you mean by needle bar connection link, it needs a bit more description, or perhaps picture. Any missing part can be found on thins model. I have never seen the decals with "rebuilt" in the name, but there have been a few posts on refurbished old machines. I think Miriam has a thread dedicated to them.

Yours is a model 66, maybe an old treadle converted to motor and portable case at some piont. Sometimes a refurbished machine had the original spoked hand wheel repaced with a smaller solid cast version. Other things that could be replaced was bobbin winder, numbered tension dial, often a refinish and new decals. Yours seem to have the original upper tension unit, which is fine. Refurbishing machines seems to have been relatively common from maybe as early as 1930s and well into the 1950s.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Are you talking about the connector with a sideaways 14 on it here? SorName:  leonf-u169597-albums19738-570444.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  459.8 KBry about the fuzz, this was before picture.
    "Sacrifices must be made." Otto Lilienthal

Yes I need the part with the 14 like in your picture

I don't think I have a spare, but others may check their stash.
    "Sacrifices must be made." Otto Lilienthal

I search on ebay, there are usally always parts for the 66, and I know Helen Howes have it too. It's all about idenifying the part, it usually has a simanco number.