Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I can not belive I got this for $10.00 >

I can not belive I got this for $10.00

I can not belive I got this for $10.00

Old 11-14-2014, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
After a quick search, Pfaff bobbins are unique to Pfaffs. You'll possibly have to order them
It looks like those machines take a 9033 bobbin. That's the same as my 130 and my 6122. This also means that you -may- be able to use a class "L" bobbin. I use them in my Pfaffs all the time. More the 6122 than the 130' but both work. L bobbins will be the easiest to find, the pfaff ones slightly harder and more expensive. L bobbins are what the highspeed semi industrials like the juki TL series machines are using as well as some long arm machines.

Heck, I use L bobbins in my Janome drop in bobbin machine that should take a 15 bobbin. I have an abundance of prewounds around so I use them anywhere I can.

ETA: this pdf chart from superior might help.

Keep an eye on the belt in that machine. The internal cleated one. Sometimes they rot. They're discontinued, but there's a guy somewhere online who makes them. They're not cheap though.

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 11-14-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=ArchaicArcane;6968573]It looks like those machines take a [URL="http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/pfaff thanks so much for the info............I looked hard at that bobbin last night and then I measured my 301 bobbin and they seemed to be the same size, SO then I carefully tried the 301s bobbin in the phaff and it worked just fine....if it is safe to use the 301s bobbins in the Phaff, that will be really nice, as I have a good handful of those bobbins...anyone know if this is ok? I don't want to hurt this neat little $10 machine by using the wrong thing....even tho it seems to sew just fine with the 301 ones...........
Old 11-15-2014, 11:00 AM

congrats on your Pfaff, I am a Pfaffie, I have 4, 7570's 1, 2056, and a coverlock serger also a Pfaff, I have had 3 other Pfaff's that I gifted to sister and friends, there is nothing like them IMHO, the 7570 was the last German made Pfaff, they sold co. to Viking give me an older Pfaff any day!
Old 11-15-2014, 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=4dogs;6969742][QUOTE=ArchaicArcane;6968573]It looks like those machines take a [URL="http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/pfaff thanks so much for the info............I looked hard at that bobbin last night and then I measured my 301 bobbin and they seemed to be the same size, SO then I carefully tried the 301s bobbin in the phaff and it worked just fine....if it is safe to use the 301s bobbins in the Phaff, that will be really nice, as I have a good handful of those bobbins...anyone know if this is ok? I don't want to hurt this neat little $10 machine by using the wrong thing....even tho it seems to sew just fine with the 301 ones...........[/QUOTE]

It might sew, but they aren't the right bobbins and you'd likely see tension issues in either embroidery stitches or general sewing. Get the correct Pfaff bobbins and your machine will be happier.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:50 AM

I agree with Candace. I never intended for that!! I tried it once with my 6122 and the machine went ballistic with the fw bobbin. If you need to substitute, an L bobbin is the safest.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:05 PM

What a great find. Don't know anything about it but definitely worth the money you paid. Congratulations!
Old 11-15-2014, 05:09 PM

Thanks to all of you for your help...........I think I really like this little machine 10/10.............
Old 02-05-2015, 11:01 AM

A friend got my Pfaff 360 for $10 at a yard sale a few years ago. It free motions like a dream. She is my go-to baby. So smooth.
If you look in the back where the motor is there in the first slot you will find the machine number. Mine dates to 1954 and was bought in Germany probably by someone stationed there as all the info on it is in English.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
I think I found a fantastic bargain at our local Goodwill Outlet store.............this was marked $10.00 and I brought it home............the cabinet is huge...has very little wear and tear..........the machine was SO dirty I took a Clorox wipe to it..........it needs a lot more cleaning, but at least the first layer of dirt is off it now.....I was thinking I would get the cabinet and give the old machine back to the store.....BUT when I plugged it in and threaded it and sewed on it, MY GOODNESS, its really good...........in a drawer, there was the manual and a box of attachments to go with it.........what a find.........anyone know anything about this brand?? first one I ever had my hands on, a Pfaff .262 ..... I was thinking maybe the 60's for age? it sure sews a nice seam ...it's a zigzag too and says it does other stitches which I haven't tried out yet.........I hope I did the pictures correctly........
About 17 years ago, I bought this model Pfaff used, for $400 from a store in Renton, WA that serviced, sold, traded to the sewing industry. The salesman told me that these machines were usually sold to those from "cottage industry". As everyone else has told you, this machine is a keeper, and yes, uses the metal pfaff bobbin. The feed dog drop has more than one position, and I use that at the first click for FMQ, gives me more control for my snail speed FMQ than a full drop. Mine still has the bobbin filled with heavier UV resistant outdoor thread I last used to repair canvas and heavy strapping.

I don't know about all the Pfaff's out there, but my model 30 uses a class 15 bobbin as advised by someone who has a website for buying and selling vintage pfaffs, esp. the 130. The 262 uses a metal pfaff bobbin, and the 1472 a plastic pfaff bobbin.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:53 PM

Thanks for your help.......I am loving this little old machine..........the date I was told was the 60's.......it was so dirty, I took Lysol to it......it still isn't really cleaned up good, but I don't know what else to use on it......it is supposed to have some other built in designs, but I cant get it to do anything other than the zigzag..it could probably use a trip to the repair shop just for a cleaning and tuneup....maybe one day, but so far, it sews wonderfully and it is so quiet I cant believe it.......much quieter than this $4000. plus Bernina sitting beside it.............