Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I did it again, but it's a good one......Really! >

I did it again, but it's a good one......Really!

I did it again, but it's a good one......Really!

Old 03-25-2017, 07:24 PM

Default I did it again, but it's a good one......Really!

Hi again. My husband and I have a booth in Bar W at Warrenton Antiques week and I took a walk down the road to talk to a vendor we know. I looked to the right and saw a Singer. I walked a little closer and asked about it, like what model it was, they didn't know, it belonged to his aunt. It looked like a 201 but I wasn't positive. I walked around to the front and lo and behold there was the white light switch. It works. It's in very good shape, no rust, a little dirty but not bad. $70.00 and it has the queen anne cabinet in pretty good shape. I may sand down the top and redo it at some point. It's still in the back of my car because it's pretty heavy. I may tackle it tomorrow. I really want to sew something on it tonight.
I think my search is over. This is the last one. This makes number 7 and I'm in 7th Heaven right now. I had bought one on ebay about 7 years ago but it got here cracked which was because it was packed in a cardboard box the size of the machine with if I remember right only had newspaper and a few pieces of used bubble wrap that someone got ahold of and had a moment popping the bubbles, but I digress. I have one, I have a 201, and I feel like crying I'm so happy. Good things come to those who wait. I told my husband I'll sell a few of my machines. I've already decided to sell the Featherweight and might sell the Bernina.......eventually. I've been doing a few small things on it and it's so lovely to sew with. Still not used to the needle stopping in the up position but that's minor.
I told him I would sell a few...just didn't say when I would sell them
Old 03-25-2017, 07:42 PM

Selling the Featherweight would more than cover the cost of the 201. There is a quilter out there that would love to have it.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:49 PM

glad you have what you want........happy sewing.......
Old 03-25-2017, 09:29 PM
Banned

That's fantastic! The 201-2 was my first Singer just by luck, I didn't really know anything about them when I bought it but it quickly became one of my favorite machines.

Cari
Old 03-26-2017, 07:36 AM

I love my 201!
Old 03-26-2017, 08:06 AM

A 201 is my favorite too. I'm looking for an early version with the art nouveau decor on the chromed plates :- )

I need a freearm machine, as well as the zigzagg function so I'm keeping an old Elna Supermatic. It takes double layer cams, and has a few advantages. My Bernina is a favorite too, a free arm 730, it's very well behaved and the satin stitching is nice. I can't make myself sell any of them.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:18 AM

I'm happy you found what you wanted. I sure miss going to the Antique Fair this season but I'm planning on coming down in the fall. I absolutely love that fair and have bought so many wonderful things there.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:42 AM

Better be careful.......your DH may want to do an intervention on you !! LOL
Old 03-27-2017, 07:14 AM

Naw, he's a good guy. I think I'll take the little Featherweight today. But I'll tell hubby to take it inside every day. It's super humid today.