Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I do not collect sewing machines; I do not... >

I do not collect sewing machines; I do not...

I do not collect sewing machines; I do not...

Old 06-23-2015, 01:04 PM

Oh CD, whatever you are drinking, you simply MUST share some!

I'm looking at the sleeve of my shirt right now, where I did some "mending" to try to replace some seams that came out on the cuff a few months ago. It's shameful. The thread is the wrong color, the double-row of stitches I was attempting to reinforce/extend don't line up at all, and I just now noticed that I've even managed to stitch a pucker in. I stitched all of about 3 inches and still screwed it up that badly! And some of the stitches are coming out anyway. Wow, I didn't actually realize it was this bad until just now, LOL. (I am so inattentive when it comes to clothes...)

I definitely should NOT be mending or altering anything. Unless you'd like a nice shirt altered into something for the scrap bin, I think I would be ACES at that! LOL
Old 06-24-2015, 02:18 AM

Well you gotta start some where LOL
Old 06-24-2015, 01:05 PM

My name is Caroline94535 and I am not a collector.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I thought if you had 3 of any thing...it was a collection!
I believe you're hooked like the rest of us. I started with my first Featherweight in 2011...and now I have 15 vintage Singers...1907 to 1961...and all refurbished and working thanks everyone's enthusiasm here on the Board. I was asked last week, "what do you do with all of these?" My response..."I sew on every one of them. I have a project in mind for each of them, and I rotate on which machine I use." What fun is that?!?!
Old 06-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hummer Lady View Post
My name is Caroline94535 and I am not a collector.
I was asked last week, "what do you do with all of these?" My response..."I sew on every one of them. ... and I rotate on which machine I use." What fun is that?!?![/QUOTE]

I get that question too, and the "Which ones are your favorites?" to which I reply "The ones I'm using right now!"

Cari
Old 06-24-2015, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline94535 View Post
My name is Caroline94535 and I am not a collector.

I believe you!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:43 AM

For awhile, when I'd buy a machine, my DH would be genuinely puzzled and ask me, "Does this one do something the other ones don't?"

I would just nod and say "Yes." and leave it at that. Eventually he figured out that I'm including things like "looks different" or "built different" in my definition of "doing something different" and stopped asking. :lol: Now he just points out machines I might have missed - he has (wisely) surrendered to the inevitable. LOL

I've been bitten so bad that I DREAM about sewing machines all the time now. I bought a hand crank that just came in the mail yesterday - I had dreams about converting machines to hand crank all night last night. :lol:
Old 06-25-2015, 05:58 AM

Oh Sewnoma...is this the scary fate that awaits me?

My saving grace is that we live I a very small house that is in a constant state of "fixing," "patching," "lite-remodeling," and chaos. I've hardly touched my machines recently since all the living room "stuff" had to go in the sewing room, and the machines had to be covered and boxed, while we refinished the LR floor, built a closet, put in new windows, front door, and woodwork trim. Ugh! But it's all finished now except for the clean up.

I want my little 12x12 sewing room / ladies parlor / reading room back.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:05 AM

Don't be afraid...shhh, shhh, now, it'll all be okay.... LOL
Old 06-25-2015, 07:08 AM

I do not collect machines either down to five Pfaffs and one Pfaff serger, five 221 featherweights and one nolting mid arm, I am taking two of my few to my quilt retreat in sept, jurt in case, lol I have a very small car so little machines is must for travel, along with cloths, a quilt and pillow and project to work , ott lamp cords tools cutting matt iron, well you get the idea it perrty much fills my smart car lol

Last edited by leaha; 06-25-2015 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:37 AM

17 machines - but you "do not collect?" LOL

Did someone leave them on you doorstep?