I Found One!!!!!

Old 01-21-2012, 08:26 PM

I can relate!!! I just got me a 1964 white FW last week!!!! And I hadn't really been looking and thought everyone was just a little crazy --------- until I saw my White Lily -----it was love at first sight!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 PM

Good deal for you-congratulations!! You will love her.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:52 PM

Oh I'm so jealous! Congratulations - I am like you and have looked for one for several years. Looking for my day to come. Enjoy
Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Congratulations on your new little machine. I know you will just love sewing with her. I love mine.
If you go on mysingerstory.com you can get a certificate to print out stating that _(your name)_ own a _(serial number)__ Singer made in _(year)_. It is a neat certificate to have. What year is your FW? I am just soooooo happy for you!!!!
Janis
Old 01-22-2012, 05:28 AM

Great find, congrats...very happy for you!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:32 AM

Congratulations to you too Amandasgramma. I know what you felt for White Lily, felt the same way with Pawnee. Happy sewing
Old 01-22-2012, 07:40 AM

Thank you Caroleen. Yes your time and FW will come. Remember Singer made a lot of FW's, so your new sewing buddy will be along soon.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
Just had to post this. I have been looking for a FW for some time (on and off about 12 years), in the last few months I have ALMOST gotten a few. But as with so many other things in life these have JUST been out of reach (for one reason or another), but I have still been reading daily on the QB about others who have found the FW they had been looking for.
Today was my day. I have been going to a few PAWN shops (because I have never had good luck finding a FW any place else), I walked in and only found a Whit from the 70's for sale. So another trip with out finding "The Machine". For some reason I walked back over to the back corner of the shop (computer area), and up on a shelf mixed in with the laptops and moniters - was an open black box!!! I stoped and took a second look - FW!!!!!!!!!. I called someone over to help me, so the young man came over and asked what he could help me with. I asked about the black box, he didn't know anything about it. Gave me the box and I pulled out the tray - FW, FW, FW!!!!!!. Asked if I could take it out, he told me to go for it as long as I could get it back in!!!. IT LOOKS NEW!!!!!, and it works like a DREAM. Didn't have my glasses with me, so not too sure of the price. Had to ask the price to be sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. He told me it was $49.00 for this OLD thing. She came home with me!!!!! The best money I have spent in a long time. Now I need a name for my new (old), FW.
Sorry this was so long, but I'm still on a "FW HIGH"
It was meant for you to have Her. I'm so happy for you. I would name Her Miss Lucky because She is lucky to have you as Her new owner. Enjoy Her and so happy for you. My dream is to own one one day, Granny
Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 AM

Thank you for the web address Janis. I will get this done and then post a picture and date of Pawnee's birth.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:58 AM

I am happy for you!!!!!! Thanks for the tip on checking out the pawn shops....I have not had luck at thrift shops!