Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I got a White Model 1065- Dial and Sew Zig Zag! >

I got a White Model 1065- Dial and Sew Zig Zag!

I got a White Model 1065- Dial and Sew Zig Zag!

Old 11-15-2017, 11:58 PM

Default I got a White Model 1065- Dial and Sew Zig Zag!

So clean and quiet! Not sure how it sews because I have to download a manual so I can figure out how to thread it and how to change it back to straight stitch. It's all symbols and practically no words, so I need an interpreter, lol. You people are absolutely bad influences. Thanks, hehehe!
Old 11-15-2017, 11:59 PM

Oh, I think its also known as a Zodiac. Cool, man, cool.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:59 AM

It's a very fancy model with stretch stitch patterns and buttonholer function. A very good find! All the fancy funcitons often means lots of moving parts and oiling is a must. If all dials and levers shifts smoothly along with cam stack and buttonholer function you are lucky. More often than not they require a lot of cleaning and oiling to work again. I can't vouch for the model in question but these are sometimes all metal and should be worth the time and energy to fix them up. With a bit of luck it is a well behaved model too. Is it stitching fine? On some of these models stitch width needs to be in off position for some of the stitch patterns to work.

Last edited by Mickey2; 11-16-2017 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:47 AM

Oh great, Zodiac. There is a documentary on the History Channel now about the Zodiac Killer. Back then, I was in California and very near where all this took place. I've sort of followed it all these years, but now am older and fell asleep during the first episode.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:32 AM

Pictures, please?
Old 11-16-2017, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Oh great, Zodiac. There is a documentary on the History Channel now about the Zodiac Killer. Back then, I was in California and very near where all this took place. I've sort of followed it all these years, but now am older and fell asleep during the first episode.
I could never associate any of my sewing machines with a killer.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:24 AM

Making a murder mystery out of it, I read crime novels and watch them on TV too lol. The killer Featherweight
Old 11-16-2017, 11:52 AM

themadpatter, the manual is available on the Singer website: http://www.singerco.com/uploads/down...ite-1065-x.pdf
Originally Posted by themadpatter View Post
So clean and quiet! Not sure how it sews because I have to download a manual so I can figure out how to thread it and how to change it back to straight stitch. It's all symbols and practically no words, so I need an interpreter, lol. You people are absolutely bad influences. Thanks, hehehe!
Old 11-16-2017, 03:27 PM

Zozee, I'll take pictures after the T-shirt quilt is done. Its a Christmas present, so there is a time factor. I threaded the White and filled a bobbin (pretty functional, but the broken necchi is still the best bobbin winder) and sewed a few seams. Haven't checked the cam stack, because until Mickey said something, I didn't know it had one. The online manual is in B&W, but it was originally color, and there are some color dependent functions, so that's for later, too. So far I've only oiled the needle bar parts inside the top arm, inside the left door. And it is smooth. I have ot call the repair shop whose sticker is on it to see if they remember the machine, If its still in business, that is.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:29 PM

Thanks, Rocsew. It's the same exact one that is on the Hammerwall site- same markings and everything. Glad you showed me that, because I didn't even check that site because its not a Singer. At least that's what I thought! Really appreciate you for doing that.