Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I'm either an idjit or totally brilliant -- you decide >

I'm either an idjit or totally brilliant -- you decide

I'm either an idjit or totally brilliant -- you decide

Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 AM

Too funny, as I was on e-bay all last week looking for a featherweight - I'm guessing we may have bid on the same machines....... and lost! LOL!! Actually found one local but the auction ended w/o a single bid... so I contacted the individual who had just re-posted... asked if I won if I could save shipping and just pick it up (like you my limit was $250 so I was trying to gain a little wiggle room) .... he asked me to make an offer so I did - he wanted $300..... so back to searching I went. Won another for $200..... figured I'd follow the action on the local machine - sold for $220, oh well! Now just waiting for mine to arrive from TX, like you I hope it is as nice as advertised!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:51 AM

She looks beautiful to me..I especially like his 9 point checklist that he puts his machines through. Look at it this way, if you don't like it, you can always re-sell it and get your money out of it.

That said, I bet you'll be happy with it. You'll have to let us know what you think. Are you going to buy the 1/4" quilting foot?
Old 04-06-2013, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Girlfriend View Post
She looks beautiful to me..I especially like his 9 point checklist that he puts his machines through. Look at it this way, if you don't like it, you can always re-sell it and get your money out of it.

That said, I bet you'll be happy with it. You'll have to let us know what you think. Are you going to buy the 1/4" quilting foot?
Actually the 9 point checklist was a deciding factor in purchasing it. I have two snap on 1/4" quilting feet and can get an adaptor for them so I can use them on Bess - my 15-91 - and on this Featherweight.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:31 AM

Well, she arrived and is in almost perfect shape. I had forgotten how tiny Featherweights are! The Celtic knot decals are are perfect shape and she shines like new. She runs very quietly and smoothly. I've decided to name her Barb after my mother who's birthday is May 14, 1928, just 20 years before the certificate was issued. My birthday is in September 1948, so I guess I can call her my big sister! The photo absolutely does not do her justice as the flash wiped out the decals.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]406949[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails featherweight-barb.jpg  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:50 PM

Oh, my WORD! She's adorable! You made a great decision.