Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Information on Hallmark Deluxe sewing machine >

Information on Hallmark Deluxe sewing machine

Information on Hallmark Deluxe sewing machine

Old 04-22-2020, 06:37 PM

Default Information on Hallmark Deluxe sewing machine

Is anyone familiar with a Hallmark Deluxe sewing machine? Probably produced in the 50's to 60's. I cannot find much information on this model. I believe it was produced in Japan but not really sure. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan
Old 04-22-2020, 07:25 PM

Welcome, Ryan. You are probably right about it being a Japanese machine. There were lots of machines made in Japan and they came with lots of different "badges" on them, as evidenced by Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines and Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches

A picture would probably help. You will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:02 PM

Thanks for the information. Here are a few pictures of the Hallmark Deluxe.
Attached Thumbnails fullsizeoutput_1bc3.jpeg   fullsizeoutput_1bc6.jpeg   fullsizeoutput_1bc5.jpeg   fullsizeoutput_1bc4.jpeg   fullsizeoutput_1bc7.jpeg  

Last edited by Brazcaster; 04-22-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:49 AM

I can't help you with your request, but wanted to tell you that's a beautiful machine.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:33 AM

Nice looking machine. It appears that it is a straight stitch only machine. The knob on the bottom of the pillar is for adjusting the height of the feed dogs. It also looks like the pressure bar is released. To sew regular material you will probably need to press the center down.

Something I forgot last night was to see if you can find a JA and/or JC number on the underside of the machine. It could be stamped, embossed or cast in the metal. Sometimes it can be found near the serial number. As you have probably discovered the serial number probably doesn't mean much. The list that I use to try to help identify who made the machine can be found at http://www.doubleveil.net/zssmp/resources.htm about 2/3rds the way down the page. I didn't see Hallmark listed. If you find either or both numbers, could you post a picture?

Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 04-23-2020 at 05:41 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-23-2020, 06:24 AM

There used to be a Yahoo Group for Vintage Japanese Sewing Machines. I think that they went to https://www.facebook.com/groups/659877447448317/ when Yahoo stopped groups.

Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 04-23-2020, 08:14 AM

Thank you very much. I will try to get the numbers off of the machine today.

Last edited by Brazcaster; 04-23-2020 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:39 AM

These are often called dashboard machines for their prominent knobs, etc. May give you another word to look for.
Old 04-23-2020, 01:22 PM

Thanks leonf.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:11 PM

These are the photos of the model number. It looks like a J-C4, maybe J-G4. It also has a number 151 on it. The motor is a Twi Universal motor made in the USA.
Attached Thumbnails fullsizeoutput_1c20.jpeg   fullsizeoutput_1c23.jpeg   fullsizeoutput_1c26.jpeg   fullsizeoutput_1c29.jpeg   fullsizeoutput_1c2c.jpeg  

Last edited by Brazcaster; 04-23-2020 at 04:20 PM.