Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Kenmore 117.841... New Machine! AKA I got myself in trouble again. >

Kenmore 117.841... New Machine! AKA I got myself in trouble again.

Kenmore 117.841... New Machine! AKA I got myself in trouble again.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
I love the color of the machine.
Thanks, the photos really doesn't do it justice. It's a bronze/orange type color with a soft white almost cream color. The metal almost shimmers it's really pretty in sunlight.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:36 AM

Dear Foufy,
I'm so so very glad you posted these pics, your post is what made me join the forum. I was searching for information on a machine I just purchased at thrift store, similar to yours. Mine is the Kenmore 117.740, also made in Germany. It has a motor (.8amp) made in Canada, and a foot pedal made in the USA. Sorta like a patchwork quilt, LOL. However, I do believe all these parts to be the original parts to the machine. Also, I have the original case, top and bottom.

What I do not have is extra feet, cams, or instruction manual. She didn't run very well, but I cleaned her up and tuned her up and now she is a champ. Cost me nothing, just a little time and some tools. I love mine! It's blue, it's beasty!

Thanks again for your posts!!! It was great to find out what kind of cams it takes (rare I think!!!) so I will be able to pounce when I do find them. Anybody got any? I've got other cams I could trade.

Oh, this is my first post. Thanks for listening!

Suz
Old 09-02-2013, 09:54 AM

Ill have to double check but i think i have the same blue machine and a manual. Does it look like the first machine? If it does then i can scan in the manual and send ya a copy.

Http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/hi-im-new-3-new-old-kenmore-babies-t221627.html

Last edited by foufymaus; 09-02-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 AM

I really like those machines. Had a chance to pick one up for $10 a while back, but it got sold to a guy that coincidentally, I was buying machines from. There are/were a couple on the local Craigslist, but one is kind of high, and the other has a corner broken off of the bed.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:30 AM

Foufy,

My machine looks very similar to yours, but not exactly. I think the front of it where the light switch is located, looks rounder where the shape of yours is more square. But yes, blue it is. I'm going to attempt a photo attachment of my girl. Or boy (?) may be more appropriate. Maybe he should be called "Blue Boy" rather than "Blue Beast" since he is a sweet-talker! LOL!

That would be great if you have a manual for him. Let me know if it looks like your Blue machine.

Thank you!!
Suz
Attached Thumbnails dscn8646.jpg  
Old 09-03-2013, 03:36 AM

Mark,

Yes, I think they are great machines too. Too bad you let the one go that you regretted selling, but hopefully it gave you a little extra $ at a time when you needed it. The up side to that is that at least now you know what to be on the lookout for, right? I bought mine on a whim. As familiar as I am with Kenmore machines in general, I was quite unfamiliar with this particular machine. No wonder, it is such a great machine that probably whoever owns them has them stashed in closets and sewing rooms across the country. They don't seem as common as the 158xxx Kenmore machines. Anyhow, hope you find another you are able to hang on to!

Kind regards,
Suz
Old 09-03-2013, 09:10 AM

Well the model number is right and aside from a bit of cosmetic change i think theyre the same machine! I will pm you a link to the manual i scanned. That way you can have a copy. :-) ifcthat doesnt work send me an email: [email protected]
Old 09-07-2013, 07:26 AM

Foufy, I just noticed you had sent a copy of the manual. Thank you ever so much! There is quite a bit of useful information I didn't have, so this will be very helpful. Very kind of you to do this for me.
You are a gem!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by lilsuzette View Post
Foufy, I just noticed you had sent a copy of the manual. Thank you ever so much! There is quite a bit of useful information I didn't have, so this will be very helpful. Very kind of you to do this for me.
You are a gem!
Yup no probs I find it not cool having manuals held hostage for $$$. Hope ya have fun with her.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:46 PM

Definitely think he looks like a guy with hefty shoulders. Blue Boy is a good name.