Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Kenmore 1914 and other Left Leaning needle machines >

Kenmore 1914 and other Left Leaning needle machines

Kenmore 1914 and other Left Leaning needle machines

Old 09-02-2019, 11:06 AM

Rob,
Thank you for your input. Yes, I have watched that fella. Are you referring to the video where he got a zipper foot to use? He was making a coller I think. He is quite an inquisitve and imaginitive guy.

Yes, I considered that I could sew the proper 1/4" seam by turning it around. I might try that if I didn't have the Juki like you said. I just like the "feel" and the quietness of how this machine sews. Like Bkay said, I can use it if I want on simple square design blocks, and will reserve it for home decor sewing projects. I can also quilt with it to a limited extent. I don't regret buying it, and I also like the idea of restoring older machines, which has me kinda worried when I look around at my fabric stach all over this house.

I understand what you were saying Farmhousesewer, but understand too that new sewers like myself don't know about all the differences in the machines out there (especially the old ones) Watching all the videos online demonstrating their Kenmores, don't mention this in their video (as far as I remember) Besides, it wasn't a big expense, and I like having her. The problem to me is space, and my desire to try all these older machines I see
(or read) people talking about. My house already looks like a fabric store, and I don't want it to start looking like a sewing machine shop.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:08 AM

There is a problem with a home looking like a sewng machine shop?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616995[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attic-stairs-crop-2-b.jpg  
Old 09-03-2019, 08:44 AM

Not in your case Leonf. Those are works of art, and very pleasing to the eye. I see you have seven. Have you ever considered naming them Monday, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sun? (and just pick accordingly )
Old 09-03-2019, 10:29 AM

I recommend NiftythriftyGirl's videos, as they mention the different functions. I am glad it was not as big expense and you can use it for other things.
If you hang around with us, your house will look like a machine store too!. I have over 150 machines, most still needing work, but I love each and every one. Hand surgeries have slowed me down.

SMAD Sewing Machine Addiction Disorder. contagious.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-03-2019 at 02:05 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-31-2023, 05:30 PM

I found out it is not called ultra high shank it is called super high shank. I can’t quilt with it but I can decorate with all the cams. It sews so nice and smooth.
Old 08-01-2023, 07:53 PM

So good to hear that this model is appreciated for what it is and how it was designed to be used!