Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Kenmore Imperial Rotary 117.591 >

Kenmore Imperial Rotary 117.591

Kenmore Imperial Rotary 117.591

Old 02-17-2023, 03:12 PM

Default Kenmore Imperial Rotary 117.591

This $5 Kenmore Imperial Rotary 117.591 machine came to me recently (I like these 117 series Kenmores) and is now ready to go, mostly. It came without a bobbin plate (thanks to Son of A Singer Man at the other board for a replacement) and the bobbin winder was broken beyond repair and missing parts; there's a replacement winder on ebay for close to $25, so I'll have to use one on another Kenmore.

The end cap is dented in quite a bit. I have been mulling over trying to hammer out the dents with a dowel rod, but am concerned about loosening the housing on the machine side of the cap that has the threads to screw it back on to the upper main shaft. The dents do not seem to affect the running of the machine, even at full throttle.

To appreciate the last picture, please do an internet search for 1940s car styles, to compare {I didn't want to "borrow" someone else's car picture). I think this machine is circa 1942 or so.
Attached Thumbnails 20230217_105839.jpg   20230217_105742.jpg   20230217_105902.jpg  
Old 02-17-2023, 04:41 PM

Hi Joe, Wow! I have not been active on this forum for quite some time! Thank you for reminding me of it. That is a great-looking Kenmore machine, that is similar to my Kenmore Model 117.959, with the exception that my '959' has a more of a standard style of hand wheel on it. The only thing that I don't care for on some of the White/ Kenmore machines is that rubber friction drive wheel. I prefer the belt-driven and gear-driven sewing machines instead.
Regarding the dented 'football-style' hand wheel, I am hoping that someone may step up to provide you with a replacement for it.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:33 AM

Hey Joe,
I have the exact head in a borrowed case bottom I love it because it was my dad's machine. I don't have any extra parts for you, but want you to enjoy yours.