Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Kerlick sewing machine question >

Kerlick sewing machine question

Kerlick sewing machine question

Old 04-14-2022, 10:43 AM

Default Kerlick sewing machine question

I can't figure out how to get an image to post here, but Ths machine is branded Kerlick a sewing machine company in St. Louis, Missouri that opened apparently in 1986. After researching, it seems that this machine was probably made in Japan. As far as I can tell, it has no plastic gears and it sews is very well . Any information would be appreciated.
Using the phone and not having any luck getting the picture to come across. I will try from my PC
Old 04-14-2022, 12:54 PM

total shot in the dark, but Singer 15s were copied in Japan ( as well as others) Does it have the bobbin tensioner on the front like this? https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...229-620205.jpg

shrinking pics to under 2 meg may help you get your picture up.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:23 PM

Definitely not a 15. I need to post the images from the phone to show all the details, but can't figure out to "attach" them to a post here.How do I determine the URL of my image? I e-mailed a pic to myself and might get one on here through the PC.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Knitterpam View Post
Definitely not a 15. I need to post the images from the phone to show all the details, but can't figure out to "attach" them to a post here.How do I determine the URL of my image? I e-mailed a pic to myself and might get one on here through the PC.
They changed how to add pictures a couple years ago.
Here is my long version response on how to post pictures:
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:45 PM

Default Kerlick Image

I am not sure what I need to do on my PC to compress the file. It is still 2.3MB after cropping, but I can the image and am hoping others can too. If the image is visible you can see that this is not a Singer 15 clone. I DOES have plastic gears and so I'm guessing from the mid 1960s.
Thank you everyone from helping me fumble through this.
Attached Thumbnails sewing-machine.jpg  

Last edited by Knitterpam; 04-14-2022 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-15-2022, 04:49 AM

Don't know anything about your machine, but glad you got the picture loaded. Welcome to the board.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:43 AM

Thank you, for posting the picture. If it was made in Japan, it will probably have a JA and/or a JC number somewhere in the base. I have an Alco machine with similar stitches that I bought new in 1972 and it was made in Taiwan. Like you, I could not find much information regarding Kerlick sewing machines.

Since it sews well, just enjoy using it.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:44 AM

Look what I found - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1739564...isting_details
So dating it would be early 1970s

Not affiliated with off-site link(s)