Latest Acquisitons

Old 08-29-2014, 09:41 AM

Rodney,
Your machine is newer than mine. The first thread guide on yours looks like a little fork, the older machines have a little wheel. Here's my serial # FR2557222, its a 1917 according to Katie Farmer. I also have 1908 and 1913 heads.
Sharon in Texas
Attached Thumbnails easy-street-white-rotary-001.jpg   easy-street-white-rotary-002.jpg  
Old 08-29-2014, 10:22 AM

Beautiful machine. I like just about all older machines so it's hard to say if I like the style of Whites better than Singers of the same age. I do like the look of the Whites though. But then why pick favorites?
There's going to be a learning curve for me. The threading is nothing like any of my other machines. One bonus though is mine has always been electric so it has a bobbin winder that rides on the wheel instead of the belt.

I have a question. Mine didn't come with the power cord or foot pedal. My wiring is a short cord leaving the motor with a round 2 prong plug on the end. Does anyone have an original electric in the case they can show me the electrical on? The cabinet models are probably wired differently. I don't know if I can find the parts but I would at least like to try to return it to original.
Rodney
Old 08-29-2014, 01:09 PM

This is funny, because I have a White FR that I was going to offer to Rodney, if he wants it! It is in decent shape, nice decals, moves, bobbin case and two bobbins but no slide plate. I've decided to focus on Singers, mostly, and am probably never going to get a treadle for it. Rodney, it is yours if you want it. It would give me an excuse to go down to Centralia. And I love that you're helping out your daughter's 4H.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:10 PM

Wow, the FR White has all the decals on still. It looks more dirty than rusty/gunky. It is going to gleam when you get done with it. That looks like what is in the cabinet I just acquired, except I bet underneath the dirty face yours is going to prove in better shape than mine (which came along for the ride in the cabinet I wanted; then went and got attached to the machine.)

Good idea making the other a handcrank for kids. They will love it.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:13 PM

Monopas I'll take it. I have a complete and utter lack of self control. That and it would be a good excuse to meet you in person.
Rodney
Old 08-29-2014, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Monopas I'll take it. I have a complete and utter lack of self control. That and it would be a good excuse to meet you in person.
Rodney
I know the feeling. And giving you a machine will make me feel better about the others I just can't part with! I'll probably be able to make it down in the next few weeks, though I'm not going anywhere this weekend. I5 is going to be a nasty mess.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:47 PM

No rush and Thanks! I avoid I5 as much as I can these days. I don't know how often you come down this way but they're widening I5 here so it's a bit of a bottle neck as you come into town so traffic can be even nastier than usual.
Rodney
Old 08-29-2014, 05:03 PM

I have scoured the web for a diagram, that is all I want, on how to thread and no luck??? A couple of sites talk you through it but I don't really know the "body parts" they reference. (We have not gotten that intimate in our relationship yet). Maybe something wrong with the search engine tonight? Any suggestions for this FR White?
Old 08-29-2014, 05:20 PM

I found a manual for a white rotary in ISMACS. It may be slightly different than yours.
http://www.ismacs.net/white/manuals/white-rotary.pdf
Rodney
Old 08-29-2014, 05:27 PM

Default White Rotary

Glad to see you saved the old girl. I learned to sew on one like it 60 years ago. My daughter has it now. It sews very well and doesn't require as much fussing as a FW. They are a good old machine. I would love to have ours, but not enough room for a treadle and we are too old to get it upstairs. Yours is portable, although not light for sure. Thanks again for saving her.
Donna

[ATTACH=CONFIG]489469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]489470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]489471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]489472[/ATTACH]t patent date on the cover is 1913. This is my first earlier White Rotary and my first bentwood case of any brand. The machine itself seems complete. It does have the bobbin case and (I hope) a bobbin. It's frozen solid, most likely has some severe pin rash and there is some slight silvering of the decals. Overall though, I think it will clean up pretty nicely. A couple glue joints are coming loose on the case, it needs a new bottom and is missing a hinge, but those are minor problems and it too will clean up very nicely.
Which needles do these take and who do I call to get it dated?
Thanks,
Rodney[/QUOTE]