Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Look at this white featherweight >

Look at this white featherweight

Look at this white featherweight

Old 06-23-2011, 08:06 PM

I bought a white featherweight several years ago in very poor shape. I had it painted, new decals put on it, and sent it out to be cleaned and adjusted. It turned out to be rather expensive but it sews wonderfully and I wouldn't sell it for what I now have in it. It didn't have a case but I found a 24 can cooler with a hard removable liner that fits it very nicely and has net pockets on the outside for all the extras and an expandable top for sewing supplies. I'm really set now!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by lclang
I bought a white featherweight several years ago in very poor shape. I had it painted, new decals put on it, and sent it out to be cleaned and adjusted. It turned out to be rather expensive but it sews wonderfully and I wouldn't sell it for what I now have in it. It didn't have a case but I found a 24 can cooler with a hard removable liner that fits it very nicely and has net pockets on the outside for all the extras and an expandable top for sewing supplies. I'm really set now!
you know I really seriously considered bidding on this, up to maybe $200 or so. I have a FW already but wanted a white one. I thought if it does not run or is in really bad shape, I can always put some money into it and maybe later I could have it repainted...and it could just spend its life being cute in my house. It did not really matter if it could sew. I was skeptical of the seller. One time I bought a "feather weight" machine and it was not really a FW so she took it back. Now I wish I would have, but if I would have I would be very nervous about the seller. I guess it is done...and it is not mine.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by gale
I still have the kewpie doll from when I was a kid. I wonder what it's worth. lol
I am sure I paid too much for his doll...it is small, 6.5 inches and is really cute with a fluffy little dress. I paid 23 dollars for it and I am sure that is too much as there were no other bids on it. I just bid a few cents over the asking price.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Banned

Not a bad deal so far but after 30,000 of us start bidding on it there is no telling where it will be when it ends! :lol:

Billy