Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Singer 301 and Card Table

Here is our latest machine.

We acquired the machine (hubby traded one of his swords for it) one weekend and the table (he traded an antique pistol) the following weekend at two different locations, both were at outdoor antique fairs.

I was looking for cams for my 500A Rocketeer at the first antique fair. I found nearly all the ones I needed and a professional buttonholer for the Rocketeer.

Hubby spied the 301. It needed a few parts but hubby didn't have much into the sword so we got a good deal.
    We have replaced the needle plate, the bottom cover with the felt pad & screw, a complete hook assembly and a bobbin case.

The last part came today and then I attempted to put the hook assembly in and I knew it had to go in a certain way. Oh, I had to replace a gib screw for the gib which is part of the hook assembly. The man I purchased the gib screw from deals with Featherweights and 301s. I just called him and asked him if he would talk me through putting the hook assembly in. First time the needle hit, so I knew I hadn't seated the assembly correctly on the shaft. The second time, it went on like it was suppose to. I must admit I did say a prayer the second time before putting it back on.

I haven't named her yet. All I know is that this machine was the dirtiest machine I have ever cleaned. Must have belonged to a smoker, but once the tar and nicotine was off she shined up nice.

For now she sits in our living room ready to sew, near the Rocketeer and some of the other machines we have. It's getting crowded in here and we just rearranged the living room to accomodate the Rocketeer. lol

Thank you everyone for looking.
    Blessings to all,
    Sandi
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    She's a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun! I love that model :D:D

Oops- didn't see the Rocketter- awesome !!! :thumbup:

nice.. i noticed the slant o matic in background.. i almost got one yesterday but we got the 1731 kenmore instead..

Blog Entries
    Beautiful! Sounds like the two of you know what you are doing. I did not know that Singer made a card table for any machine but the Featherweight. Looks to be in wonderful shape.

Good work!

great machine-I love the oldies too.

I'm very surprised that you got a card table for the #301...I thought they were only made for the #221...
    Great job!

OHHHHHHHH! I'm drooling all over my laptop. Beautiful machine and matching table to boot!!:)

She's a beauty!

Wow you two have a great collection of machines. I'm envious. Very happy for you though. kudos to you

I think I like the 301 better than the Featherweight.

That is a very nice 301 and the table is really for a featherweight,but the short bed 301 fits in it also. The tables are very hard to find. You are going to love the pretty stitch it makes.

Oh what a wonderful hubby you have!!! I too have a 301 I need to clean up. And now my featherweight is going to have to fight over which machine gets to sit in my card table. I love having that card table, so I hope you do too.
    Kat

Gorgeous machine. I am green, just green.

You have some beautiful machines! What's hiding under the coffin case behind the 301 and card table?

I bought a featherweight and table last month for $120. I didn't realize that a shortbed 301 would also sit in the table - must check that out!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by amBoo
    You have some beautiful machines! What's hiding under the coffin case behind the 301 and card table?

I bought a featherweight and table last month for $120. I didn't realize that a shortbed 301 would also sit in the table - must check that out!

Nancy
    Thank you for the kind compliments.
    There are two machines behind the Domestic treadle.
    The first one is a Singer Model 12 fiddle base.
    Behind it is a W.A. Henderson paw foot machine.

I do not believe my table is a featherweight table.
    I believe it is made for the short bed 301.
    My featherweight does not sit in the space.
    I have included some pics to show what I mean.

Blessings,
    Sandi
    Attached Images Attached Images

You would never know that that beautiful machine had been a filty mess. I just got done polishing the back and face plate for my old 66, don't know if the black will ever come off me now. Congrats on a wonderful machine and also a wonderful husband/

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper32
    You would never know that that beautiful machine had been a filty mess. I just got done polishing the back and face plate for my old 66, don't know if the black will ever come off me now. Congrats on a wonderful machine and also a wonderful husband/

Would love to see pics of your handywork to your old 66.

And thank you, I do have a wonderful husband.
    I am blessed.
    Sandi

Blog Entries
    Yes, you are blessed!

Do you have a darning foot for your 301? I want to get a metal one for mine but am having trouble locating one. I figured you would have the answer... :lol:

Banned
    What a beautiful machine and table.

Banned
    Aw man that is gorgeous!!! I love the Black 301's and the card table is a find in itself.

Billy

Beautiful 301, I'm thinking of getting one. BTW, you still have a few swords hanging on the wall. Are those for more trade off's for machines ? LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slk350
    Beautiful 301, I'm thinking of getting one. BTW, you still have a few swords hanging on the wall. Are those for more trade off's for machines ? LOL
    Nah she is going to use them to cut the poor fool that tries to get her 301!!

Billy

Blog Entries
    Your machines are awesome! You did a great job on the 301, looks like a new machine. Do hope you will enjoy it.

Yes we have quite a few of his swords left.
    He has to keep some for himself. lol
    Actually there aren't any other machines I want or need.
    Unless of course a Singer 222 came across our path like some of the other machines have.
    Never thought I would find a white Featherweight I could afford and one that cost us nothing just by hubby doing a little trading.
    We are blessed and then some.

Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Nah she is going to use them to cut the poor fool that tries to get her 301!!

Billy

Billy you are a hoot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast