Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Looking for a 3/4 size White - what models are there? >

Looking for a 3/4 size White - what models are there?

Looking for a 3/4 size White - what models are there?

Old 02-11-2014, 02:26 PM

Default Looking for a 3/4 size White - what models are there?

I know about the Domestic 153, are there other models that are the 3/4 size machines? Often it's very hard to tell from a photograph if it's a full size or a smaller machine.

I've seen some Kenmores (White made) that look like they may be 3/4 size. It also seems like the bed is the larger on some of these - extending way past the flywheel. I suppose this way they fit in the same size cabinet opening as a full size machine.

I know, like I need another sewing machine, but I've ended up with 3/4 size machines for a lot of the Mfg, so one made by White would fit right in.

Thanks for any help
Old 02-12-2014, 09:13 PM

Kenmore made a small size machine like the featherweights, but with zigzag, drop feed dogs. They are a good strong machine, look for models 158.1030 and 158.1040.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:21 AM
Power Poster

We have a 3/4 size sewing machine thread with lots of pictures - http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...e-t185449.html
Old 02-13-2014, 06:23 AM

I see listings for Rotary Attachments that say they are for White, Kenmore and Domestic as well as New Home Rotary. Do "Rotary" attachments fit other than White/Kenmore/Domestic? Thanks. I don't want to wind up with attachments that I have to buy another brand of SM's to fit!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:33 AM

My problem is I don't know what models to look for with White or Kenmore. I know the Domestic is 153. I've looked over the 3/4 thread and there aren't any other than the Domestic.

I've seen some that I think may be 3/4 size, but one has the base measurements and they are different than I expected, but when you look at how the machine is situated on the base, it looks like using the base measurements isn't going to work. I'm not sure what measurements to ask for to help determine -

Some of these machines are really hard to tell what size they are unless something is also in the picture with them. I've even resorted to measuring out the buttonholer shown next the machine to try to extrapolate the measures.

So if someone has a 3/4 White (like the Domestic 153 ) what are the measures? Base width and length, and machine length, and distance between needle hole and pillar.

I really do live remotely, so it's unlikely I'll ever see one of these in person unless it shows up in a box delivered to my door.

BTW - the 3/4 size rotary machine takes the same attachments as the full size machine. There for sure isn't any shortage of attachments to fit White made rotary machines.