Looking for help please

Old 02-11-2013, 05:09 PM

Default Looking for help please

Does anybody on here know where I can find out about a Singer Industerial Machine? I've looked at several differant websites with no luck at all. It's green says Singer on it and the # 111w162 but the medallion on the front is not the normal looking Singer on it's blurry in the picture but it's sideways. He's wanting 450.00 but he doesn't know how old it is. He bought it used it to make a shanty which is heavy fabric now he wants to sell it. I was going to post a picture but I can't figure out how to get it from my email.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM

Are you sure it's not a 111w152? A picture would help.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 AM

I have a 111w155 walking foot Singer and love it! If the one you are looking at is 111w152 it is made for lighter weight fabric but still will do heavier work then we should be making our household machines do. I use mine for lots of things but mostly dog toys and now that I have the servo motor with the needle down positioner I am in total love with it. I have fixed the neightbors paintball vest, sewn awnings for my husbands camper and vinyl for covering chairs for our nephew. Lots of things and I liked it before but now like I said with the Servo motor feels a lot safer as these machines can take off on you. My cousin had to make a special adapter for the needle positioner and that really helps me with controling everything so much better. They are great machines even though there is no reverse. I can't speak highly enough about the industrial or commercial machines. They let me do so much more and I don't worry about breaking the household machines any more! We actually got another 111w155 in Michigan for $75. that went to my cousins son and he does leather with it and is very happy also.

Here is the manual that covers the 152 model also: http://parts.singerco.com/IPinstManu..._W154_W155.pdf

Hope this helps but I think $450 is on the high end but not excessive. I have spent that much on a commercial 4 thread serger and am very happy to have it. We have just been very lucky and happened upon the cheaper ones. Definitely worth it once you have everything going. There is a lot more mechanically involved with this machine because of the walking foot but if this one is working well you will only have cleaning and maybe a Servo motor down the road.

Again I can't say enough about these machines and am very glad I have them. Don't use it all the time but when I want to make anything heavy heavy duty I know I can and don't have to worry.

Good Luck!
Lisa