Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
More Vintage Sewing Machine Tutorials Coming!! >

More Vintage Sewing Machine Tutorials Coming!!

More Vintage Sewing Machine Tutorials Coming!!

Old 02-25-2011, 02:46 PM

I am super new here. I had been reading your threads and am amazed at the great advice you give. You are very kind.
I have a question about a 221. I bought it off craigslist, got her home and the needle will not catch the bobbin thread. I read something about it possibly being the timing? Would that be something I can fix? Thanks so much.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by gogokim
I am super new here. I had been reading your threads and am amazed at the great advice you give. You are very kind.
I have a question about a 221. I bought it off craigslist, got her home and the needle will not catch the bobbin thread. I read something about it possibly being the timing? Would that be something I can fix? Thanks so much.
It may be that it's threaded wrong. I understand they thread from front to back. Check that first.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:01 PM

OK, Billy, we are super ready for the next set of tutes. I have a new 301a ready to be cleaned and tuned. I'll start with your other tutes, but ready for the next ones, too!! Thanks!! You're the best!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by gogokim
It may be that it's threaded wrong. I understand they thread from front to back. Check that first.
Do you mean from the right to the left?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Banned

Okay I will be writing a tute on the electrolysis cleaning this weekend and I will post it Sunday evening. I am working on machines today because I am running so far behind because of the bad weather and all. Yeah my yard was destroyed by 60+ mph winds Thursday night.

Anyway I am doing the cleaning process as we speak!!

Billy
Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 AM

Huge Thanks to Billy for sharing all his wonderful knowledge. I was wondering if I missed where the tutorials got posted?
Old 06-11-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay I will be writing a tute on the electrolysis cleaning this weekend and I will post it Sunday evening. I am working on machines today because I am running so far behind because of the bad weather and all. Yeah my yard was destroyed by 60+ mph winds Thursday night.

Anyway I am doing the cleaning process as we speak!!

Billy
Just a poke. lol