My husband is teasing me!

Old 02-04-2014, 11:07 AM

Default My husband is teasing me!

I'm in the office today and won't get home until after 6. My husband just sent me pictures of two large boxes that showed up today. Inside one is a New Home Rotary and the other is a New Home ClimaxT.

This afternoon is going to drag now!

I am down to four on my "wish list" now, and I'm watching one that ends tonight so maybe I'll knock another off.

They are
Domerest
Willcox & Gibbs
New Leader
Florence (or one they made)

I'm struggling with the last two, though I can find info on the companies, I'm not finding pictures of the machines so I know what to look for. BTW - the New Leader Co is not the same as the Leader Co which produced machines earlier than what I'm looking for. Such fun LOL!!

ok- and possibly a New Royal, but it has to be the old style (not sure what that looks like either)

it's a good thing I'm getting my list trimmed down as my machine allowance is getting down there too.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:12 AM

is Floence an A.G. Mason? I have a line on one in a treadle but wasnt sure i wanted anothet large SM
Old 02-04-2014, 11:31 AM

Aren't husbands wonderful?????

Je
Old 02-04-2014, 11:50 AM

the early AG Mason are Florence, and then AG Mason was affiliated with White. It will have the two slides that touch with the circle halfway across. Whites have the two rectangular flat end slides with a third rectangle in the middle that has the needle and feed holes.

I'm not interested in a cabinet, but would pay for the machine (and shipping). May be a way to get a free (or cheap) cabinet for someone.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:25 PM

double post - having computer problems today
Old 02-04-2014, 12:39 PM

My internet was out for a while also. The hours must be dragging for you. I know this isn't on your list but it's so pretty. I thought you'd like a little eye candy to pass the time. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/an...277862385.html
Old 02-04-2014, 03:58 PM

Sears Minnesota "New A" made by Davis from 1909-1913. The Domestic "New A" used the same decals after replacing Davis. The early New A's used Davis long needles and after a year or so Davis switched over to 15x1's. Best way to tell the difference is the casting in the bottom of the bed A9 (Davis long) or A10 (15x1). Hopefully the front and rear plates are in the drawers.

Jon
Old 02-04-2014, 05:15 PM

The machines both made it through their travels safely, though neither had a long journey.

The first came from Il - this is a New Home Rotary. I'm very excited to add this one to my collection - I love the early rotary machines. Someone attached a hand made knob to the flywheel, and the machine looks and operates like it's been used more recently than what I normally find.

The plate flips up out of the way - and there is the bobbin case with a bobbin in it.

And the little one - also a New Home machine. It came from the middle of IA - and the two machines met up in SD and had their last two days journey together. This one came in a large box that had the machine packed it another small box, and the lid of the case packed along side with all the "extras" wrapped in padding and inside the case. Very pleased with the packing job.

and the case top

This shows it along side the rotary - it's such a cute little machine! It needs to be re-wired before I attempt to plug it in.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:47 PM

How many do you have and where do you keep them all....my hubby "thinks" I don't have any room for more (He'd be surprised at how creative I could be if I found a 201 around, that just might be on my radar right now) Enjoy!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:00 PM

They are both fantastic!!