Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
My Wizard KC3 Accessories & Cams >

My Wizard KC3 Accessories & Cams

My Wizard KC3 Accessories & Cams

Old 06-02-2013, 02:11 PM

Default My Wizard KC3 Accessories & Cams

Today, the lady called that I bought my Wizard Sewing Machine from and said that she had two boxes of sewing things for me. One was the box with all 18 of the cams and the other one had all of the sewing feet, screw drivers, etc. I have been having fun working with the cams but I still can't get the reverse button to work like the manual says it should. I oiled it real good last night and it has been sitting for about 12 plus hours but still I can't get it to move. In fact if you look at the picture, it looks like it only moves when you turn the stitch regulator knob and then it moves just fine. I suppose I can always tack the beginning and end of the stitch and therefore would have no need for a reverse stitch. This machine runs very quiet and from the looks of the machine and all of the accessories, I don't believe it was used very much at all. I am quite happy with it
Attached Thumbnails wizard-sewing-machine-accessories-resized.jpg   wizard-reverse-knob-mechanism-resized.jpg  
Old 06-02-2013, 02:34 PM

Blackberry,

The reverse knob normally moves in and out as the stitch length is changed. In you second pic I can old amber gummed up oil on the reverse shaft.

Are you using Tri-Flow? It has more solvents in it to dissolve old oil. If or if not, lay your machine on it's front so the oil can soak down the shaft into the mechanism.

Glad you got all the accessories for the machine. Now it's complete and when you get that reverse working you'll have a pretty good machine.

Joe
Old 06-02-2013, 03:15 PM

If you never get the reverse working, you could just do the "drag" technique that the treadlers use on the old machines that don't have a reverse or backtack. Either drag on the fabric to make it feed slower and then you get little small stitches, or shorten up the stitch length for a few stitches.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:23 PM

Have you tried the reverse button when the stitch length is both at the smallest and longest stitch length setting?
It is normal for the button to go in as the stitch length is shortened and stop when the stitch length is at zero.
Like Joe said, there is old oil residue on the backside of the stitch length shaft. See that gold color? Tri-flow will dissolve that. Sometimes heat from a hairdryer is also needed.[ATTACH=CONFIG]416887[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails varnish.jpg